Bar and Beyond West Street.

Popped in on Sunday (its the old Varsity on West Street)

Firstly its nothing special its a fairly typical West Street bar similar to the cavendish.

However they do have a very good offer on ALL drinks Sun-Thurs 5-10 are half price.

I ordered a bottle and a pint of lager and it came to 4 quid even spoons can't compete with that.

They offer couple of craft beers too brew dog in particular sorry not my area but have a look at their menu.

Not saying its particularly unique but its alright for a quick visit early on and at those prices won't break the bank.

http://email.ukcn.com/bar-and-beyond-menus/FOOD-GLASS-TIER-B.pdf

I agree. It's all right, nowt special but not a bad option if you're passing. Certainly better than Varsity was and good to have the building back in use.

I thought they might have opened an outdoor section facing Devonshire St at the back. Maybe it's not possible with the land boundaries.

Popped in on Sunday (its the old Varsity on West Street)

Firstly its nothing special its a fairly typical West Street bar similar to the cavendish.

However they do have a very good offer on ALL drinks Sun-Thurs 5-10 are half price.

I ordered a bottle and a pint of lager and it came to 4 quid even spoons can't compete with that.

They offer couple of craft beers too brew dog in particular sorry not my area but have a look at their menu.

Not saying its particularly unique but its alright for a quick visit early on and at those prices won't break the bank.

http://email.ukcn.com/bar-and-beyond-menus/FOOD-GLASS-TIER-B.pdf

Cheers for this. They had stopped putting the A-board out saying about half-price drinks last time I passed so I presumed they had stopped doing it and didn't go in. I may call in one night after work to take advantage.

I went in on a Friday night, 11.30pmish and it was dead!! That was with 50% off all drinks. £4 for two cocktails which weren't bad either.

If it had a better atmosphere it'd be a decent place.

Been open what 8 weeks ish? And already halving drink prices on Fridays and Saturdays. That says it was too expensive to start with.

A lot of competition in that little area, they will need to do something as Sheffield has always been very price sensitive. Cant say I am a fan of the Z list 'Celebrities' they bring in either, in fact it would persuade me to go elsewhere knowing someone from Towie was there doing a guest visit.

I must admit I do wonder what their business model is certainly can't see them making much on the half price promotion (even if it is based on over priced drinks to start with).

Guessing that they were hoping to corner the late bar market and using the promotion to get people in early hoping some will stay but like you say at full price they are pretty expensive for round there and in honesty its not that special.

Can't see it lasting to be honest.

Went in when it forst opened, was everything I despise in west street bars. dark, too much neon, loud 'music', cocktails in empty tin cans, and the one decent beer they had on (punk IPA) was so badly oxidised it was almost undrinkable. Not for me Im afraid

i go in twice a week early doors ,not that many in ,but i dont mind it when its only 195 a pint for bud,5 pints for less than a tenner,happy times:

i go in twice a week early doors ,not that many in ,but i dont mind it when its only 195 a pint for bud,5 pints for less than a tenner,happy times:

been in tonight only 2 beers available on tap all others "run out" hmmmm...

Edited by Fudbeer

i can believe it mate,it happened about 3 to 4 times that i no off,

This venue is a disgrace. A full page in the menu offering bottles of spirits for sale and half price drinks at busy times, hardly promoting sensible drinking. Do the Licensing team know about this?

Guest makapaka
This venue is a disgrace. A full page in the menu offering bottles of spirits for sale and half price drinks at busy times, hardly promoting sensible drinking. Do the Licensing team know about this?

"Pub in trying to sell booze shocker" I can see the headlines now....