Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Most people ignore PCN.

Personally I don't like the harassment and have now made a standard letter that makes them shut up.

In it I complain about the pain and suffering the PCN company causes me, complain about the aggressive attitude to get money from me while I don't even owe them one penny.

Then I tell them that any future communication will need to be kind friendly and loving without mention of debt collectors because their harassments cause me great suffering, any worse and I will contact my GP.

Then I tell them that their actions cause me stress, nightmares, depression and I will sue them for £300 in small claims court to compensate me for the pain and sufferings they cause me if they take this matter to court even when they lose their case.

Then I tell them that the amount I will claim for compensation shall increase if their harassment continues.

You can ignore PCN but one simple letter can make them go silent as well.

Thanks dutch.

2 questions, if I may...

Any ideas if you did pursue them in the small claims court; what your chances of success would be?

Also, if you tried and failed, are there any penalties, do you have to pay their legal costs etc?

Thanks again.

Thanks dutch.

2 questions, if I may...

Any ideas if you did pursue them in the small claims court; what your chances of success would be?

Also, if you tried and failed, are there any penalties, do you have to pay their legal costs etc?

Thanks again.

I never hear back from them, it is better than all these annoying letters people get.

My Daughter went to Xercise 4Less just of Queens rd ( Dunelm Mill's) used to be and forgot to register her car ..

Obviously she can prove she was there but do I ignore this Notice or do I email explaining what's happened.

Been to talk to Xercise 4 Less they've advised me to email or ring number...

I worked for a firm in a retail park Sheffield whose employees had exemption when parked. I changed my car, forgot to tell our administrators and received a PCN. I informed the chap in the office who dealt with this and he immediately got the PCN cancelled.

Interesting story about "too small" parking bays:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-39037547

Amusing good story. There would have been many people who just paid that PCN instead of checking it properly like he did.

And of course also many who ignore the PCN without wasting time on its legalities.

thoughts anyone

1 received a parking charge notice of £100 stating my vehicle was not permitted and grace period was exceeded.

2 ANPR photo of car entering then leaving in under three hours.

3, no parking ticket issued or photo of windscreeen

4, you can park with pay and display at this place

5 i unfortunately dont have payment fee ticket which was clearly visible on dashboard and for three hours stay

what to do?????

---------- Post added 28-03-2017 at 09:05 ----------

Thanks for help

See Pepipoo and Money Saving Expert under "Private Parking Tickets", their stickies will give you all the advice.

thoughts anyone

1 received a parking charge notice of £100 stating my vehicle was not permitted and grace period was exceeded.

2 ANPR photo of car entering then leaving in under three hours.

3, no parking ticket issued or photo of windscreeen

4, you can park with pay and display at this place

5 i unfortunately dont have payment fee ticket which was clearly visible on dashboard and for three hours stay

what to do?????

---------- Post added 28-03-2017 at 09:05 ----------

Thanks for help

There is an organisation who review disputed tickets. You will need to go through this process before anything else. The company that gave you the invoice will have these details on their website.

I despise these people but I also understand that if car drivers did not use other people's land to park their vehicles with no intention of using the space provided for the purposes they are supposed to be, there would be no need for the likes of Excel parking etc. There is a Hotel/Subway near my place of work whose car park was packed and you could never park. They went to Excel and now they manage the parking spaces and hey presto, the carpark is now almost 80% empty in the day. Seems the people working opposite saw the carpark and just started using it free of charge.

Edited by Berberis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-39478203

Court orders woman to pay £24,000 in unpaid parking charges -

However, by parking in a restricted private area, a motorist can be considered to be agreeing to a contract with the landowner or car park operator, provided there is adequate signage warning of the charge.

“The parking charges flow from a valid contract between the pursuers and the defender and she is liable for them.”

Can any of the messageboard lawyers advise as to whether this action in a Scottish court sets a precedent for English and Welsh law?

I think we already have that precedent set so this case is nothing new.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-39478203

Court orders woman to pay £24,000 in unpaid parking charges -

However, by parking in a restricted private area, a motorist can be considered to be agreeing to a contract with the landowner or car park operator, provided there is adequate signage warning of the charge.

“The parking charges flow from a valid contract between the pursuers and the defender and she is liable for them.”

Can any of the messageboard lawyers advise as to whether this action in a Scottish court sets a precedent for English and Welsh law?

No, it doesn't. Scottish law is different in so many respects.