What ticket prices are respectable for both Sheffield clubs?

I still think even though Wednesday are apparently the cheapest, that it is still expensive to and watch them match by match and season tickets are expensive as well, especially when paid out all at once.

Obviously ours are priced with South being dearest, North and then Kop. I would personally rather sit on the north.

I'm only basing what I think a reasonable price would be, but I am not going to give a category by category price, just adults.

South £450

North £400

KOP £340

Even though they offer a reasonable saving on our current pricing, I am not too sure if they would see that much uptake?

As for matchday ticket, they are unreal. I would like to see a £25 max on any ticket, but that won't happen, along with a bunch of games that are £10/£5. It isn't hard to pick out potential £10/£5 games, reading, Watford, Charlton & co.....

For a club with apparent fair prices & a bright start to the season, our figures through the door haven't been impressive at all.

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1289552-matchday-ticket-to-wigan-athletic-at-hillsborough?awc=3925_1413636529_9dcf615df3be0bbf2106877f2869944e&temp_skip_roadblock=1&utm_campaign=105015&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=awin

£12 adults and £6 for kids, £16 when buying both.

November 29th Wednesday v Wigan 3pm kick off

Edited by Beechwood_S6
Match details

20 pounds for premior league 15 for championship and 10 pounds for league 1

but it wont happen utb

20 pounds for premior league 15 for championship and 10 pounds for league 1

but it wont happen utb

That would be about right mate but like you say it will never happen.

What a difference the cost of todays games, my first game cost a shilling ( 5p) or a bob as it was known, to watch the owls lose 2-1 to Burnley, a programme was 3d.

Without going off topic. I was reading Robbie Savage's column the other day about him saying when he played he didn't care less about what price tickets were for a fan. And said that players don't care less either. Almost proud of it :rolleyes:

I haven't fully read it - just quickly scanned it so it might come across differently to others. But I couldn't believe it. He's one player I'm not particular fond of. He comes across an arrogant dim twit.

Prices will never reach affordable levels for many fans simply because the most average of players receive eye watering amounts of money, agents are a blight on the modern game and the silly payments are ultimately passed on to the fan that buys a season ticket each season or the lads and lasses that pay on the gate.

Without going off topic. I was reading Robbie Savage's column the other day about him saying when he played he didn't care less about what price tickets were for a fan. And said that players don't care less either. Almost proud of it :rolleyes:

I haven't fully read it - just quickly scanned it so it might come across differently to others. But I couldn't believe it. He's one player I'm not particular fond of. He comes across an arrogant dim twit.

The likes of Savage is the majority unfortunately and whilst they are overpaid prima donnas will be the same.

Had to laugh at Stirling playing too many matches and being too tired:hihi:then Aguero plays 2 games int far east,comes back and is a world beater,part of the reason why our national team are a joke.

In the case of both sets of Sheffield supporters they should have to pay us for the torment which they have inflicted upon us over the years.

To compare Premier League and Bundesliga prices is interesting.

Cheapest adult Premier League ticket £28.30 Bundesliga £10.33

Cheapest adult season tickets Premier League £467.95 Bundesliga £207.22

And German football seems to be doing OK.

If it wasn't for my total trust in the honesty and integrity of the football authorities in this country, I would suspect we were being taken advantage of.

Prices will never reach affordable levels for many fans simply because the most average of players receive eye watering amounts of money, agents are a blight on the modern game and the silly payments are ultimately passed on to the fan that buys a season ticket each season or the lads and lasses that pay on the gate.

:) rossy you've covered a very fair and honest assessment of the way the game is

being run today.

I reckon some sort of governing body ought to be formed to sort out the ridiculous money being exchanged between clubs, agents and not least players.

IMO the governing body should get rid of the agents completely and not allow agents

to be involved in the game whatsoever.Thats for starters.

Now in many years gone by the the club and player negotiated wages.

Its the agents that are key to the outrageous wages being paid today.

The agents are the cause making clubs rip the fans off with admission prices.

Whilst this continues the poor old fan will continue to suffer.

Gates will continue to decrease.

There's no reason why the club cannot negotiate with the player on wages.

Only then will the clubs be able to give a good deal to the working man. :) Owl.

It works both ways clubs also use agents, to late in the day for me to get an agent.

There was a documentary recently on fans turned away from Premier League clubs by the silly prices and supporting local conference and lower league teams. I don't think we are far off from seeing that happen in the other 'pro leagues'.

On the one hand I find the prices for Wednesday eye watering, on the other hand I understand that Wednesday can only compete because it charges those prices. I am sorely tempted to go and visit Sheffield FC this season (in fact, I will) as well as Stocksbridge, just to see what the level is like.

I realised recently I had turned into a snob when it comes to amateur football, when my brother played in the 6th/5th level of Dutch football I used to go all the time and it was actually pretty good football.