£3m contract for Ched Evans?

If the papers are to be believed Utd are planning to sign Evans on a £3m contract if his fitness is up to scratch. I know this will cause controversy among supporters of all teams on whether they should have him back or not. Apparently the Prince has given his nod of approval to the signing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/convicted-rapist-footballer-ched-evans-3604122

the family club

I'm out, only one way for this thread!

]If the papers are to be believed [/b]Utd are planning to sign Evans on a £3m contract if his fitness is up to scratch. I know this will cause controversy among supporters of all teams on whether they should have him back or not. Apparently the Prince has given his nod of approval to the signing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/convicted-rapist-footballer-ched-evans-3604122

*yawn*

Has anyone actually read that? It made me chuckle.

"...the Prince, one of the richest men in the world..." Really?

"...Nigel Clough and Kevin McCabe have made regular visits to Ched in prison..." Really

It is a basic re-hash of the hoax article that was in the Birmingham newspaper.

The report has been rubbished.

As if we are going to be paying £18k a week for a player in league one, especially one just released from prison.

He's done his time I suppose, just like madine didn't one of the lads he punched have learning difficulties?

*yawn*

Has anyone actually read that? It made me chuckle.

"...the Prince, one of the richest men in the world..." Really?

"...Nigel Clough and Kevin McCabe have made regular visits to Ched in prison..." Really

It is a basic re-hash of the hoax article that was in the Birmingham newspaper.

Hiya Grappler,

Another thing this so called "source" says Ched would be on 18k a week, in almost 50 years of following United I've never known them divulge a players wages.

It's cobblers in a Mickey Mouse newspaper, can't see him coming back myself as cannot see club upsetting, so many fans.

:hihi:

Not signed and never will. If Ched comes back and is at a decent standard then great. I'll welcome him back, I don't agree with what he's done but he did the crime and served his time.

:hihi: Not signed and never will. If Ched comes back and is at a decent standard then great. I'll welcome him back, I don't agree with what he's done but he did the crime and served his time.
Prisoner Evans hasn't actually served his full time though has he? Also not admitted guilt and allowed his fans, friends and family to orchestrate a hate campaign against his victim, I've heard?

Not the sort of role model I'd want for my youngsters. If it's even being contemplated, it's outrageous and just brings the good name of the club into disrepute.

Prisoner Evans hasn't actually served his full time though has he?

He will have in October :)

He will have in October :)
Is it really 5 years since the case was heard? Doesn't seem that long. No, it's not, jsut checked, sentenced April 2012.

And what's to smile about? A young girl's life ruined through that person. I won't call him a man. And he serves 2 years and gets his life back like nothing ever happened? The world's a crazy place