BT Sport package £5.00 a month

Heads up

Bt are charging £5.00 a month from tomorrow (1/8/15) for their BT Sports package.

If like me you never watch it, but never cancled the package because it was FREE you will be charged.

To cancel BT Sport call - 0800 0234427 or you can cancel on line at - bt.com/manage-sport

You can downgrade to BT sport lite which is BT sport 1 only at bt.com/lite Which is still free.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 13:39 ----------

Phone number is FREE but be advised it took me 25 minnutes to get through.

It's free with BT TV apparently??

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 14:17 ----------

It's pretty cheeky though that they are just charging everyone for the previously free package, especially without much warning or actually asking them.

Yes the're at it again.According to a national newspaper last week BT are also going to increase the price of their broadband,telephone and line rental.Sky are also increasing the price of all their packages.These increases were described as "inflation busting",it really is time to call it a day with these greedy providers.

Tetherig is begining to look like an option, not a good one, but an option

Yes the're at it again.According to a national newspaper last week BT are also going to increase the price of their broadband,telephone and line rental.Sky are also increasing the price of all their packages.These increases were described as "inflation busting",it really is time to call it a day with these greedy providers.

I bet it's due to the ridiculous amounts of money both have spent on football rights.

Didn't it cost Sky something like 3 billion for the premier league in the recent rights sale???

BT paid nearly a billion for the Champions league IIRC.

They've gotta get that money back from somewhere.

I heard from BT two months ago about this, I had been expecting it when they took over European matches, but to be fair I think it's not bad in this day and age considering you also get a premier league match most weekends.

I've been informed by Virgin that my package has gone up by three pounds per month BUT they are giving me BBC HD sport plus some European matches free, that's fine for some but I hate football and would never watch it, seems the BBC has put its prices up so the cost has been passed on to us.

Sky prices went up on 1st June can't see them putting them up again so soon.

Heads up

Bt are charging £5.00 a month from tomorrow (1/8/15) for their BT Sports package.

If like me you never watch it, but never cancled the package because it was FREE you will be charged.

To cancel BT Sport call - 0800 0234427 or you can cancel on line at - bt.com/manage-sport

You can downgrade to BT sport lite which is BT sport 1 only at bt.com/lite Which is still free.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 13:39 ----------

Phone number is FREE but be advised it took me 25 minnutes to get through.

I cancelled bt sport. Never heard last of BT. Tried to charge me for things i didnt owe.Boycott them.

ive downgraded, i think, lol, cheers

the page still mentioned champions league and being free till 1st august tho Oo

I had a letter through the post today, the first I've heard of it, otherwise I'd be paying that £5.00 and Probably wouldn't have noticed for a month or so. the best of it is, BT tech blokes know/say I haven't got the speed to stream BT sport, yet I can stream youtube etc.

I've been informed by Virgin that my package has gone up by three pounds per month BUT they are giving me BBC HD sport plus some European matches free, that's fine for some but I hate football and would never watch it, seems the BBC has put its prices up so the cost has been passed on to us.

I too have had the £3 increase letter from Virgin and phoned them yesterday to tell them I didn't want the new Euro channel from BT.

They said tough, its added to your package whether you want it or not.

When I pressed them as to why they had not made the channel an opt in option for which you pay extra they relented and said they would charge me the £3 a month for the remaining six months of my contract but apply a one off credit of £18 to my next bill so in effect I don't pay for the new channel.