Why are people dismissive of things that are unfamiliar

Behave yourself!

It's nice to have a bit of playground humour now and again... :hihi:

I fully agree but not as a substitute for grown up debate.

I fully agree but not as a substitute for grown up debate.

I don't mind having a serious debate every now and again, but not when people are veering wildly off the subject of my thread.

I was wanting to know if anyone knew why Crampex tablets had been taken off the shelves ... a question which no one has attempted to answer as yet.

Instead, we get drawn into paint rollers and variations thereof ... nothing to do with my original question.

Is it any wonder then, and can you blame me, for equally going off subject and having a bit of a laugh, which, in case you hadn't noticed, I like to do on here?

Is it right for me to be chastised when it wasn't me who changed the subject? :confused:

Alcoblog is a breath of fresh air on this forum, and usually makes me actually laugh out loud with his light hearted threads. Especially with his silly sketches. :hihi:

How anyone can become agitated by him just shows a lack of sense of humour. It seems Sheffield Forum is just a point scoring exercise for some people who take seriousness to another level, and would most likely be the most boring person at a party. (Assuming they ever go out to one)

Alcoblog is a breath of fresh air on this forum, and usually makes me actually laugh out loud with his light hearted threads. Especially with his silly sketches. :hihi:

How anyone can become agitated by him just shows a lack of sense of humour. It seems Sheffield Forum is just a point scoring exercise for some people who take seriousness to another level, and would most likely be the most boring person at a party. (Assuming they ever go out to one)

I agree.

Mr Alcoblog is highly intelligent, artistic and comical genius.

I agree.

Mr Alcoblog is highly intelligent, artistic and comical genius.

Yep, by rights he should be charging the forum owners a commission for each post he makes...

I don't mind having a serious debate every now and again, but not when people are veering wildly off the subject of my thread.

I was wanting to know if anyone knew why Crampex tablets had been taken off the shelves ... a question which no one has attempted to answer as yet.

Instead, we get drawn into paint rollers and variations thereof ... nothing to do with my original question.

Is it any wonder then, and can you blame me, for equally going off subject and having a bit of a laugh, which, in case you hadn't noticed, I like to do on here?

Is it right for me to be chastised when it wasn't me who changed the subject? :confused:

You were talking about leg cramp and I made a legitimate suggestion in an effort to help you.

I won't bother ever again though.

Oh come on Cyclone ,don`t give up now there`s still mileage in this yet.

I am sure that if you can keep it going ,you are likely to get a few converts to the use of a paint roller:)

For example.

Someone asks about calf cramp and I suggested looking at foam rollers.

They proceed to dismiss them as glorified, over priced, paint rollers.

Clearly they've no idea what they're talking about, so why not just say "no thanks", or maybe google it and find out what it is before saying no?

It makes you wonder why you bother. If I ask for advice, I do at least consider the advice I get, and look it up before deciding whether to try it or not!

Because no one really wants to spend money. Put an Argos book on the floor , put half your feet on the book. ( the balls of your feet and toes) Then lift yourself up and down. Sorted. And Free!.

Nothing at all like a foam roller. :puzzled:

Nothing at all like a foam roller. :puzzled:

It is a two way road Cyclone. You have to understand that you may not always be correct. And Or we have more than one method to cure a problem. I think you will find my suggestion is highly recommended to sports men and women.

Substitute an Argos book for yellow pages, or the first step on your stairs etc.

Never seen anyone use a foam roller other than Drunk people getting things late at night from QVC.

It is a two way road Cyclone. You have to understand that you may not always be correct. And Or we have more than one method to cure a problem. I think you will find my suggestion is highly recommended to sports men and women.

Substitute an Argos book for yellow pages, or the first step on your stairs etc.

Never seen anyone use a foam roller other than Drunk people getting things late at night from QVC.

Good luck with that one! :hihi:

You've got the wrong thread then. The thread to post advice about tight calves is over <---------- that a'way.

I'm puzzled by the advice anyway now that I've seen it. You're saying that calf raises, something known to make calves tight, are a good way of avoiding cramp (a condition that can be triggered by exercise)...

Calf raises probably are recommended for sports men and women, but alcoblog doesn't fit that description, nor is he trying to strengthen his calves.

Why would you SEE someone using a foam roller? Do you imagine that people take them out onto the street to use them?