What kind of body do you aspire to?

She showed me the diet, extremely boring. And no carbs leading up to competition.

It takes a commitment to look like that, diet, training, possible for anyone of any age but harder as you get older

You need a fairly 'empty' life as well, by that I mean you can't have anything else going on.

So no kids, no demanding job, no real other leisure activities, no projects (like buying, renovating a house/garden)

To get a body like that you've gotta be in the gym pretty much everyday, for a good few hours.

You need a fairly 'empty' life as well, by that I mean you can't have anything else going on.

So no kids, no demanding job, no real other leisure activities, no projects (like buying, renovating a house/garden)

To get a body like that you've gotta be in the gym pretty much everyday, for a good few hours.

Pretty much to get there, easier to maintain. From memory! Lol Consistency is crucial. So if you have a busy life or travel a lot its double hard.

Was looking at this daily mail article about britains fittest couple.

Men do you aspire to look like this bloke?

women would you aspire to look like that girl?http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3048506/Is-Britain-s-FITTEST-couple-Meet-partners-eat-sleep-train-day-meeting-Instagram.html

Or is it all a bit silly, and you really don't care about lookimg like that?

I think he looks a bit too skinny personally.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 13:21 ----------

Both of them!

I wouldn't. He's got extremely low body fat, and whilst he definitely works hard to maintain that, it's actually less healthy in the long run than having higher body fat.

I always find this image to be interesting

http://9gag.com/gag/aKzdop6/bodybuilders-vs-strong-man-form-vs-function

Form vs Function.

For BMI the lowest risk (of death) was observed for men belonging to the middle fifth of BMI.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/02/being-overweight-is-linked-to-lower-risk-of-mortality/

he somewhat surprising conclusion comes from an enormous, detailed review of over 100 previously published research papers connecting body weight and mortality risk among 2.88 million study participants living around the world. The new research confirms that obese people, and particularly those who are extremely obese, tend to die earlier than those of normal weight. But the findings also suggest that people who are overweight (but not obese) may live longer than people with clinically normal body weight.

And frankly, I have no intention of maintaining the extremely strict diet that he will follow to keep his body fat that low.

I read another article about that, I'll see if I can find it.

Can't find it quickly, if anyone is interested I'll look harder.

I don't aspire to any kind of body. I just live in the one I've got.

I think the only people who really look like that are professional athletes and personal trainers.

Everyone else is too busy with their own life to spend so much time in the gym.

Low body fat like that is more to do with diet.

I wouldn't. He's got extremely low body fat, and whilst he definitely works hard to maintain that, it's actually less healthy in the long run than having higher body fat.

I always find this image to be interesting

http://9gag.com/gag/aKzdop6/bodybuilders-vs-strong-man-form-vs-function

Form vs Function.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/02/being-overweight-is-linked-to-lower-risk-of-mortality/

And frankly, I have no intention of maintaining the extremely strict diet that he will follow to keep his body fat that low.

I read another article about that, I'll see if I can find it.

Can't find it quickly, if anyone is interested I'll look harder.

Thats very interesting. I remember reading that body builders are at their weakest when they look best before competition.

I prefer that mentality. Fitness to be strong and fit, to run and jump and throw stuff and be healthy. Rather than just to have big guns, low BF and symmetry.

Don't they basically dehydrate themselves to improve the appearance of muscle definition.

Nothing you can't do in a Photoshop gym.

I aspire to a healthy body which doesn't let me down and doesn't need regular medication to keep it healthy.

My body has let me down on both counts:(

One that doesn't need branded pills everyday and branded kit to achieve that celeb look, PhD nutrients is just part of a bigger branding machine, a quick look at companies house says it all.

Edit to say, they really should have run the storyline tagged as paid advertising. Probably generated from a **** press release, journalistic clap trap.

Edited by steve68

yes her body is awesome, I would totally aspire to look like her.

I do eat healthy and go to the gym but I know I wouldn't ever get to look like her. that is some serious hours in the gym and very strict diet