Weaver to Wearer

Yes Hipp's was at Pinstone Street near Charles Street. ('looking down the Moor'.) In 1960 -I was 13- my mother bought for me a grey pinstripe 'Italian style' suit, with matching cloth buttons for 11 quid and as for the term 'Bobby Dazzler'..well.... The cinema. did you mean the Hippodrome on Cambridge Street that the Grosvenor House was built on ?

Thanks stpetre - Yes the Hippodrome, for some reason I was wanting to call it the Happydrome, might have been mentioned before on other threads, it was a live theatre at some point in it's existence and there was lots of evidence of this when you really looked it over.

Thanks stpetre - Yes the Hippodrome, for some reason I was wanting to call it the Happydrome, might have been mentioned before on other threads, it was a live theatre at some point in it's existence and there was lots of evidence of this when you really looked it over.

Wasn't 'Happydrome' the name of a radio show back in the 40's?

Wasn't 'Happydrome' the name of a radio show back in the 40's?

We three working for the BBC, Ramsbottom, Enoch and Me, I think Harry Korris was the main guys name . Honest I didn't Google.

We three working for the BBC, Ramsbottom, Enoch and Me, I think Harry Korris was the main guys name . Honest I didn't Google.

Neither have I, but after 'We three' insert 'in harmony' working for the BBC.......in the signature tune :thumbsup:

I shopped at W to W once as well!

Edited by Voldy

Neither have I, but after 'We three' insert 'in harmony' working for the BBC.......in the signature tune :thumbsup:

I shopped at W to W once as well!

Thanks Voldy - I knew something should be there, I was going to insert 'We three we're all alone working for the BBC' etc etc. - fleetwood

Does anyone remember Terrance Tailors Westfield Terrace off division st,

better still Ashley Rogers at Manor Top Sheffield, has been in the business trade

since the 60s. Just had a pair of trousers made £80 and a good job done.