Tv licence has "10 years left"

should the bbc keep or lose the tv licence ?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. should the bbc keep or lose the tv licence ?

• make the bbc a subscription service and scrap the licence fee
    • allow the bbc to show proper adverts but remove the licence fee aswell
    • keep it the same and jail people for not paying for a licence
    • create a new tax to support the bbc

The director General has said he would be interested In a tax instead of a licence ( I bet he would), the BBC can't compete with sky for major sports tournaments without government help in making some of those compulsory on one the 5 channels.

Surely it's time to either make the BBC a subscription service or allow it to show adverts so it has to compete with sky for quality service ?

Me personally I think it's time to let the BBC go on its own, I find the radio stations poor, I don't watch a single programme on any of the BBC channels or even any of the 5 Free to air channels, I don't see why I should subsidise other people's choice of channels, I find hundreds of shows to watch on the sky service and your not forced by threat of jail to pay my sky bill.

The director General has said he would be interested In a tax instead of a licence ( I bet he would), the BBC can't compete with sky for major sports tournaments without government help in making some of those compulsory on one the 5 channels.

Surely it's time to either make the BBC a subscription service or allow it to show adverts so it has to compete with sky for quality service ?

Me personally I think it's time to let the BBC go on its own, I find the radio stations poor, I don't watch a single programme on any of the BBC channels or even any of the 5 Free to air channels, I don't see why I should subsidise other people's choice of channels, I find hundreds of shows to watch on the sky service and your not forced by threat of jail to pay my sky bill.

Radio stations poor?? It's the only thing really worth the license fee. Local radio, whilst still a bit tin pot still can provide useful info and sports coverage is unrivalled on 5live and 5live sports extra.

Radio stations poor?? It's the only thing really worth the license fee. Local radio, whilst still a bit tin pot still can provide useful info and sports coverage is unrivalled on 5live and 5live sports extra.

I find radio Sheffield pretty poor, even the music choice isn't very good tbh, certainly not worth £145 a year !

Ive banned tv license salesmen from my door. If they approach it or contact me by post i can sue them for harassment. They havent been in touch for almost 5 years though.

Me personally I think it's time to let the BBC go on its own, I find the radio stations poor, I don't watch a single programme on any of the BBC channels or even any of the 5 Free to air channels......

So because you can't find anything worthwhile on BBC radio and television the payment system has to change. Try harder. As for quality service on Sky, try less hard.

So because you can't find anything worthwhile on BBC radio and television the payment system has to change. Try harder. As for quality service on Sky, try less hard.

pay my sky bill then !

People complain about the BBC, yet happily throw 50 a month at Sky to watch crap, full of adverts and lining the pockets of scum like Murdoch.

People complain about the BBC, yet happily throw 50 a month at Sky to watch crap, full of adverts and lining the pockets of scum like Murdoch.

And crappy footballers.

Your opinion, which is fair, yet I think their shows are much better, so surely the fairest way would be for you to pay for the BBC via subscription and I will pay for sky via subscription agreed ?

I'm surprised the licence has 10 years left.

The bbc shot itself inthe foot siding with labour in the last election when they are supposed to be impartial.. that aside. Cameron will not forgive them. So now the beeb has to really toe the party line only for the conservatives now.

Addmitedly I rarely bother with the BBC since the Kilroy Silk business.

I personally used to think (and still do) the beeb tells lies and is oftenhypocritical and that confirmed it for me.

I also hate the way it appears to manipulate the outcomes and promote the PC view of all its debate programmes and many of its other so called fact programmes too.

They could save an absolute fortune. They provide too many radio channels to be honest, radios 1,2 & 4 I'll conceed have their moments. The world service and all the local radio etc can go. Loads of Internet services and web pages could go.

The all night 15 minutes of repeated mostly uninteresting foreign news and late night sports and business programmes, no-one who has the money to play on the stock exchange and world markets is likely to be watching TV between 3 and 6 in the morning

How many gadget and internet ..er enthusiasts lets call them are watching TV at all never mind in the middle of the night? Why make programme about helping people to find homes that most people will never be able to afford?

BBC if it is to survive needs to get out a very sharp knife and make some serious cuts.

Also from what I hear its light entertainment ceased to be watchable years ago and has subsequently gone down hill since then so that really needs a shake up too.

Expensive but money earning (so don't knock it) costume drama seem to be all they are good at now.

If the beeb disappeared tomorow I doubt I'd notice for about week and I would not care either.

Paying a license fee to watch TV is ludicrous in 2015. If the BBC is to survive they need to start making programmes that people are prepared to pay to watch. As much as people moan about Sky, plenty of people are prepared to pay their fees of their own free will.