2 budgets in one year, 1 in march and 8th july

8th july for the next budget, after one in march. 2 budgets in one year. The next one is for working people. Anyone hoping for anything?

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 06:03 ----------

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/16/george-osborne-july-budget-austerity-conservatives-deficit

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 06:05 ----------

Treasury sources said the budget would address Britain’s poor productivity record, which has held back growth in living standards, and would also announce plans to create 3m new apprenticeships. However, the centrepiece of the package will be a fresh bout of austerity, with Osborne keen to get unpopular measures out of the way early in the parliament, in readiness for pre-election tax cuts once the public finances have improved.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 06:06 ----------

The IFS said the scale of the overall savings - 10% of the part of the welfare bill not spent on pensioners - would involve the Conservatives looking at child benefit, child tax credit and disability allowances. According to the Treasury, the budget would announce reforms of welfare that would protect the most vulnerable while making sure the system is fair to taxpayers.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 06:08 ----------

Provided the economy performs in line with forecasts made by the independent Office for Budget Responsibility, borrowing will be reduced to £41bn in 2016-17 and £14.5bn in 2017-18. By 2018-19, the plan is for the UK to be running a budget surplus of £4bn.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 06:10 ----------

the package will include ringfencing spending on the NHS while cutting £13bn from other Whitehall departments. The budget will also include a fresh crackdown on tax avoidance designed to raise £5bn.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 06:11 ----------

Osborne will seek to portray his package as a one-nation budget, with measures to build the so-called northern powerhouse and ensure that prosperity is not confined to London and the south-east.

"Address poor productivity" get ready for major cuts in childcare/sick pay.

"Address poor productivity" get ready for major cuts in childcare/sick pay.

Do people get childcare already?

Do people get childcare already?

Some do, yes. Think we can kiss goodbye to more workers rights too.

Treasury sources said the budget would address Britain’s poor productivity record, which has held back growth in living standards, and would also announce plans to create 3m new apprenticeships.

I blame the last Government ;)

But we voted for cuts?....Or at least that's the spin they'll put on it......

More anti-government twaddle by the usual suspects (who have a sniff of old faces)

More anti-government twaddle by the usual suspects (who have a sniff of old faces)

Who me?....I think not...

It is time to realize that the cuts are not going to just hit the unemployed or disabled, take a look at the figures and most cuts in that area are nowhere near enough to bring £12bn in changes.

One thing about falling unemployment and further cuts is that your target is getting smaller and smaller and sooner or later they will have to target something that a larger portion of the population receives.

There are stark warnings from the IFS etc telling the middle classes to brace themselves for some uncomfortable changes.....and lets face it after all the big society is about all being in it together.

It's funny that the HB bill rose so much during large buyouts of council housing and pushes into private rent, mismanagement perhaps?.

When the welfare state is wiped out, and the cuts keep on coming where do we go next?.

I expect them to announce that JSA can only be claimed for a certain time.. I reckon 6 months then the claimant will either have to get a job or volunteer..

'According to the Treasury, the budget would announce reforms of welfare that would protect the most vulnerable while making sure the system is fair to taxpayers'.

This line always makes me laugh. Look at how many people were turned down at their Atos medical only to have the decision overturned at the appeal.

Thank goodness for appeals, otherwise it would just go to show how those 'vulnerable' people would have lost out, and the Nasty party, couldn't care less.

I expect them to announce that JSA can only be claimed for a certain time.. I reckon 6 months then the claimant will either have to get a job or volunteer..

They are looking at a cap of benefits at £23k, down from £26k.

Also looking at tax credits. I think some in receipt of that will be targeted, others not. The self-employed who are drawing tax credits to top up income are a primary target. Currently they can't be controlled with conditionality around hours worked etc... but an attempt will be made. Expect them to lose tax credits if they are not earning enough through their businesses, along with perhaps a compulsory direction to seek supplementary work or prove they are looking for it.

Expect too another bite at the cherry with child benefit.

And radical changes to statutory sick pay and maternity pay.

Housing benefit may also be targeted, to a degree.

Finally, expect benefits and tax credit levels to be regionally set.

This is going to hit a lot of working families like a freight train.