Watching Amey very closely

Amey has the contract for providing the Streets Ahead contract . They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ferrovial , a spanish company which in turn is 44.6% owned by another spanish company , Portman Baela , I hope they have a proven track record in road gritting....

Interestingly , Amey have also linked up with GEO , to provide prison services in the UK . Have a look at GEOAmey , they lost a prisoner in transit back in Jan and their vans were too wide to get to court drop-off points - another

G4S in the makings , methinks ... Don't know about you , but this "global" rubbish will lead to a small number of companies taking control of the whole infrastructure of this country , which is when people will become scared of losing their jobs and will , like sheepies , accept less than the minimum wage just to survive . Rant over , am off to polish my button collection .

Amey has the contract for providing the Streets Ahead contract . They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ferrovial , a spanish company which in turn is 44.6% owned by another spanish company , Portman Baela , I hope they have a proven track record in road gritting....

Interestingly , Amey have also linked up with GEO , to provide prison services in the UK . Have a look at GEOAmey , they lost a prisoner in transit back in Jan and their vans were too wide to get to court drop-off points - another

G4S in the makings , methinks ... Don't know about you , but this "global" rubbish will lead to a small number of companies taking control of the whole infrastructure of this country , which is when people will become scared of losing their jobs and will , like sheepies , accept less than the minimum wage just to survive . Rant over , am off to polish my button collection .

had a quick look on wiki and the ferrovial group look pretty good on track record http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrovial, and amey seem to have also been doing it a while.

I hope they have a proven track record in road gritting.....

They'll be resurfacing the roads, but not road gritting. That remains the responsibility of the Local Authority.

I saw three brand spanking new gritting/ snow plough lorries being delivered the other day.

Can't help noticing the number of complaints about the council in The Star lately , eg today "Grass cutting is rubbish say upset tenants". I've also heard reports from people about "less than enthusiastic" ex-council workers .

I'm probably wrong , but could they possibly be unhappy about being TUPE'd ? These regs come from an original EU directive and legally allow delivery of the public sector into the hands of the private sector ,as well as covering private business transfers .

The ACAS site contains a 32 page BIS guide explaining TUPE . TUPE'd staff lose thier rights to a comparable pension scheme under their new employer and they can't refuse to be TUPE'd , if they do then they've resigned , so get no redundancy pay . According to page 26 "... the representatives must be union representatives where an independent trade union is recognised for collective bargaining purposes by the employer...," does that mean that the new employer doesn't "have to" recognise the unions ?

I'm glad I've not been TUPE'd - yet :|

Would you rather be unemployed than TUPEd ?

I really dont understand the public sector. Laws like TUPE (transfer of undertakings) is supposed to be for the workers. Protecting their employment and locking in their agreed terms and conditions for a length of time after a takeover.

Same pay and same conditions just a different company logo and maybe a different uniform.

Can see the problem myself?

What on earth they could be unhappy about is just beyond me. However, as usual im sure the unions will find some unreasonable demand to play ransom over the public services (again!)

Edited by ECCOnoob

My post was based purely on observation , and , perhaps , gut instinct . Have read the article "Ever Get The Feeling You're Being TUPE'd" by Ewen Speed on the No Way To Make A Living website , which discusses TUPE and how it might affect and facilitate privatisation of the NHS .

Could be totally wrong about TUPE , but don't believe that it is necessarily a force for good either . A guest on Sky a couple of Sundays ago said that Wonga's 268% profit last year was a "good thing" for the UK economy - does anyone really believe that ?? Google-image "Trevor the sheep":o

So Amey are having to lay staff off due to undercalculation of gritting costs to the tune of about £500,000 . What a surprise I never predicted ........a councillor even posted that Amey were not responsible for gritting and then redacted that claim , so I was right first time .

Ferrovial have simultaneous road improvement projects in both Sheffield and Birmingham , Birmingham started their Amey project slightly earlier so let's keep an eye on how they are doing .

amey are not doing very well with road upgrades, greenwood roundabout was resurfaced, except they forgot to resurface part of it and now its a mess, they left surface scraped off and left it!!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android