Russell Brand's alternative politics

What I think people don't get with our Russell is that he openly admits he has no idea how you fix all this but the system is such a mess, so corrupt and deeply disturbing that it completely qualifies his behaviour.

When someone is saying our system has shielded child abuse on a monumental scale, I don't think it really matters that he doesn't have some kind of economic recovery tactic or have an amazing grasp on it all.

He is just making it very obvious to everyone how bad things are whilst at the same time doing a good job finding loop holes and hypocrisy from our powers that be, such as the points around our dealings in arms in relation to the Tunisia attacks.

Bronn: I see this is your first post and one of the best answered regarding education, commonsense. I look forward to hear more from you. Some of the OLD posters with 8000000 posts could learn a thing or two.

---------- Post added 05-07-2015 at 01:22 ----------

IF we make things at the most simplest. I give Johnny access to a gun and he shoots bob. I then say lets have a minutes silence for bob. You would all say f you .. You gave him the gun you ****.!

Simplified but to the point!

He was an adult chronologically when he and johnothan ross made those childish remarks about andrew sach's daughter and when he gave a nazi salute at an awards show.

Any credibility I might have had for him disappeared back then and it won't be back.

Tommo68: Yip I can see how a childish joke could harm a nation. Equally to beheading , mutilation etc. I get what you mean.

What I think people don't get with our Russell is that he openly admits he has no idea how you fix all this but the system is such a mess, so corrupt and deeply disturbing that it completely qualifies his behaviour.

When someone is saying our system has shielded child abuse on a monumental scale, I don't think it really matters that he doesn't have some kind of economic recovery tactic or have an amazing grasp on it all.

He is just making it very obvious to everyone how bad things are whilst at the same time doing a good job finding loop holes and hypocrisy from our powers that be, such as the points around our dealings in arms in relation to the Tunisia attacks.

I don't know who you are - but I like you :D

I respect him more as a comedian than as a political figure

Why do people keep referring to him as "the comedian Russell Brand". He is about as funny as a slow death. I personally would prefer it if he kept his political views to himself like most of us do. Or is he just seeking that one extra controversial pic on the inside pages of the Sun to kickstart his waning career?? Cynical. Me. Surely not!!

Why do people keep referring to him as "the comedian Russell Brand". He is about as funny as a slow death. I personally would prefer it if he kept his political views to himself like most of us do. Or is he just seeking that one extra controversial pic on the inside pages of the Sun to kickstart his waning career?? Cynical. Me. Surely not!!

You do know he's currently making a film with Nicholas Cage right?

And yet he still makes time for the Trews...

This guy is AMAZING :D

Mr Brand has never been hotter :love: :love:

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 23:02 ----------

Talking of which....

What he is raising is unrest.

If he is unhappy with the present political parties and system by denouncing them and raising awareness of grievances will change absolutely nothing except cause unrest in a section of the population.

I would ask his supporters and followers what in real practical terms are his statements achieving except causing unrest and disillusionment.

Instead of criticising things and others I would like to hear his realistic and practical way to change things and for him to do this.

---------- Post added 27-06-2015 at 07:46 ----------

There were thousand apparently on the anti austerity march and rally the other weekend where Russell Brand spoke and I understand was heckled by a few who disagreed with his about turn urging his supporters to vote Labour.

Out of all those people dissatisfied with the current system wasn't there at least one person willing and able to do something positive instead of just demonstrating ?

By positive I mean creating an electable party based on their beliefs.

The answer to your question is no.

If it was possible they would have done it.

Theoretically, anyone can create a party. Getting it elected to change anything is something else again. Several have tried, but up against the big boys, and with the current system, they haven't a chance. It takes money, a high profile, enormous backroom backup, and the media on your side, (or at least prepared to write column inches about you.) Anyone who thinks they could get a party elected without these things is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Proportional Representation would help give smaller parties some influence, but it requires the big parties, who would lose out by it, to make the change, so that isn't going to happen.

So we are left with demonstrating to show discontent, and even that has been seriously undermined with various laws. Though I would favour civil disobedience myself, but we seem to be a peculiarly law-abiding society of subservient jobsworths in this country, who never stick their neck out.

If anyone can come up with a decent strategy I'd be pleased to hear it.

UKIP are a new party who wanted to change things.

LibDems are a new party who tried to change things.

The above demonstrates new parties can exist and gain support but unfortunately not gain sufficient seats to gain a majority.

Whilever people continue to vote traditionally it will be hard to change things.

Regarding Russell Brand who appears to have a large following and represent the views of some of those who are discontent with the present system I would have thought this support would have been a base to build a party on plus he has wealth.

The best comedians who talk about real issues are the fellas on C4's The Last Leg.

[/b]

So we are left with demonstrating to show discontent, and even that has been seriously undermined with various laws. Though I would favour civil disobedience myself, but we seem to be a peculiarly law-abiding society of subservient jobsworths in this country, who never stick their neck out.

Don't you think that maybe most people are satisfied with life here and have no intention of demonstrating?