The WORST drivers, which cars do they drive?

There are no *worst* cars, just confirmation bias. You think BMW drivers are bad? Ok, so whenever you see a BMW driving bad you say to yourself, 'see I knew they were bad!' You probably won't even notice when a BMW is courteous.

It's almost impossible to change that bias as well.

My bad driver car are Vauxhall's over 10 years old. Exclusively driven my men with teeny manhoods needing to show how awesome they are by being aggressive, impatient and dangerous. I am just as guilty of conformation bias as anyone else!

My confirmation bias points me towards small, usually modified corsas/clios/saxo types, along with Civic Rs.

Guest sibon
My confirmation bias points me towards small, usually modified corsas/clios/saxo types, along with Civic Rs.

Cyclists for me. All too busy writing road tax cheques to watch out for red lights.

Motorcyclist tend to be the best - if they get it wrong they are history.

Motorcyclist tend to be the best - if they get it wrong they are history.

Surely you need to qualify your statement a little. Long-term motorcyclists are the best because the poor ones don't last very long.

Surely you need to qualify your statement a little. Long-term motorcyclists are the best because the poor ones don't last very long.

I accept your qualification. :D

Are cyclists who manage to stay alive also considered as being good at what they do?

Are cyclists who manage to stay alive also considered as being good at what they do?

No just lucky.

When much younger 30 years ago I cycled the 5 miles to and from work and there were many fewer cars on the roads where I live.

Even in the last 5 years the volume of traffic has increased to such an extent that it's blooming dangerous to venture onto the roads with your bike.

The country roads here are just wide enough for two cars to pass with care,I've lost a wing mirror twice in the last 2 months as a result of speeding cars just that bit over my side and I was scraping the hedge on the left.

Cars go round hedge lined blind bends at 50mph and God help a cyclist who is the wrong place at the wrong time.

On main roads the cycle lanes are a joke, pot holed painted white lines 3 feet or so out from a non existent kerb and cars passing with inches to spare.

I used to cycle everywhere as a child but I wouldn't allow any child on the roads today.

Very sad, but I suppose that's progress.

No just lucky.

When much younger 30 years ago I cycled the 5 miles to and from work and there were many fewer cars on the roads where I live.

Even in the last 5 years the volume of traffic has increased to such an extent that it's blooming dangerous to venture onto the roads with your bike.

The country roads here are just wide enough for two cars to pass with care,I've lost a wing mirror twice in the last 2 months as a result of speeding cars just that bit over my side and I was scraping the hedge on the left.

Cars go round hedge lined blind bends at 50mph and God help a cyclist who is the wrong place at the wrong time.

On main roads the cycle lanes are a joke, pot holed painted white lines 3 feet or so out from a non existent kerb and cars passing with inches to spare.

I used to cycle everywhere as a child but I wouldn't allow any child on the roads today.

Very sad, but I suppose that's progress.

I've always been comfortable cycling in a busy city, but much less comfortable driving on country roads.

Also, I'm not really bothered by there being more traffic. The problem is the standard of some drivers.

Edited by Eater Sundae

haha, another anti cyclist thread.

Go on Sibon, as you started it, see if you are good enough to turn the "Isis flag in London" thread into an anticycling thread. Extra kudos for you if you can somehow squeeze 'road tax' in there.

The worst drivers for me are braindead forum users with 5-letter user names starting with "S" - their minds are focussed on hate against alternative road users instead of safe driving

Guest sibon
haha, another anti cyclist thread.

Go on Sibon, as you started it, see if you are good enough to turn the "Isis flag in London" thread into an anticycling thread. Extra kudos for you if you can somehow squeeze 'road tax' in there.

The worst drivers for me are braindead forum users with 5-letter user names starting with "S" - their minds are focussed on hate against alternative road users instead of safe driving

Blimey, you are easily offended.

Can you not smell the irony in post 542.

Anyway, your hypothesis is demonstrably incorrect. I'm braindead and my username begins with s, but I'm a brilliant driver :P

Audi drivers seem to need to drive within six feet of your car's boot. Vauxhall drivers seem to be much the same; obviously the same type of person but one who doesn't have enough money to by an Audi. :D

Mercades drivers are just as bad, either trying to drive into your boot or plodding along well under the speed limit holding everyone up.

Unsurprisingly both times they can be seen holding a phone up to their ear.