Speeding taxi driver, Abbeydale Rd

I was crossing Abbeydale Road on Tuesday 30th JUne about 5.15pm towards Bardwells shop and traffic was crawling along in both directions so I stepped off the kerb to cross in front of a stopped BMW ; the bus lane was empty. Just as I started walking , a car sped towards me and 'flew ' up the inside lane as far as the traffic lights before the old Picture House .It was a taxi with a plate on the back .It was too quick to read the number plate . What should I do with this experience? Obviously , I was able to jump into the outer lane but a slower individual would be history by now!

Inappropriate speed is really quite dangerous ... however the camvans are out safe roads looking for easy targets.

Muppets

The taxi driver was driving in the bus lane which they are allowed to do.

How do you know he was speeding ?

You ask what you should do with the experience - take more care when crossing the road I guess.

Edited by Daven

By the time it took me to jump out the way and watching his car continue for another 150 yards until having to stop at the lights. Obviously , I was in no position to accurately estimate his speed but it must have been over 40 mph.