Gymnastics Clubs in Sheffield

I'm starting at the University this weekend and I REALLY want to get into gymnastics.

It appears that the university doesn't run a club, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me any external clubs that may exist in Sheffield - prices, location etc would be great.

Thanks in advance

I had this problem when I was looking a couple of years ago - there's basically nowhere for adults looking to get into gymnastics! Sheffield Uni used to run a club but it closed down due to funding issues.

I go to capoeira if thats any use to you, not quite the same thing but it has acrobatic/breakdancing influences and is great for improving agility.

http://www.shef.ac.uk/shef-capoeira/

Thanks a lot for the info. Yes, I was going to look into Capoeira.

Does anyone know of any external clubs that do adult gymnastics classes? I feel sure there must be one somewhere in the city. Any info would be great.

Sorry about the late reply, but this might help you.

I run a small session for peole to practice tricks (martial arts acrobatics) that is similar. see http://www.tricksnflips.co.uk for more info.

Also there is an Acrobatics class in rotherham run by marcelo, i havnt been for a while, but the classes are very good.

As far as i know that is all in the way of gymnastics, but if you find anything else let me know.

Ste

howdey, I used to go to Graves but it shut down. Theres one at the old gym but its crubling apart, once when i was on the bar a bit of the ceiling fell of.... the sponge pit smells of rats, smelly feet, beer, fags etc. And the hole place is totally minging.

Classes for all ages are run at don valley stadium, try and give them a ring

/??

hey, why not try steel city gym on broadfield road, thurs and fri nights 6.30 - 8.30