Are Guinea Pigs ok by themselves or should they be in multiples?

Hi people,

Yesterday I bought a Guinea Pig from Pets At Home but since then I've had lots of people say that he will be OK by himself. Yet I've also had just as many people say it is cruel to have them individual.

So I just wondered what do you all think?

Also if you think they should be in pairs how would I get my current Guinea Pig to get along with another without having to buy anther cage?

Guinea pigs do enjoy a good scrap so they will be a lot happier in groups of two or more.Even numbers only to avoid bullying.

Speak with peaches , yes its important that they have other piggies , they do company and so better they don't always fight i have a large group which is very friendly with each other

Just been and bought another and I can see a massive difference in our 1st one from when he was alone. Now he has a friend he is now wondering round their cage together eating and talking.

Do you think PAH were just trying to sell another cage?

Just been and bought another and I can see a massive difference in our 1st one from when he was alone. Now he has a friend he is now wondering round their cage together eating and talking.

Do you think PAH were just trying to sell another cage?

I think PAH don't always know enough about an animal and their needs

pets at home sold my son one rat, I had to send him back to the shop to buy it friend as they don't live alone either. They should get more animal savvy tbh

Always in pairs or more, they're much happier with a pal around

I brought a male pig from pets at home (Smokey J) but my other male pig will not tolerate him and he has bit him a few times. Now Smokey J lives on his own and I dare not get another pig in case they will not get on either. Any advice?

I brought a male pig from pets at home (Smokey J) but my other male pig will not tolerate him and he has bit him a few times. Now Smokey J lives on his own and I dare not get another pig in case they will not get on either. Any advice?

Get him neutered and get a female pig to live with him.

Get him neutered and get a female pig to live with him.

or talk to peaches , she may be able to bond them or help you to do that

Neutered females are rare as hens teeth. You need to match personalities, avoid areas to fight over such as houses and food bowls, sprinkle feed and remove houses. Feel free to pm me for more in depth advice x