Lost ferret in the darnall area *Home*

Hi everyone,

I know this is a long shot but my male ferret escaped from the garden on the new estate on staniforth road in darnall this morning and i havent been able to find him. He is neutered and microchipped. He has a black tail, and polecat markings with a white smudge on his chest. When fluffed up he has a black stripe down his back. He is very friendly.

Me and his companion are beside ourselves, any news please call me 07758 465085.

Many thanks,

Katy

Hi Katy, ask around as much as you can, its also good to get kids involved the promise of a couple of quid goes a long way :hihi:

The more people that knows to look for him the better as he is probably still around hiding somewhere, get some posters up.

Very important...register him as missing on the Sheffield RSPCA website, if he is found and no one looking for him he will be taken straight to a rescue in Hull...unless he's chipped, if he's not once he's home get him chipped asap it helps so much in getting them home.

Good luck x

Hi

This ferret has possibly been found - contact 0114 2930361

Please ring

Hi

This ferret has possibly been found - contact 0114 2930361

Please ring

In case the OP doesn't ever come back to check as often happens, do you know where this ferret is and if its safe?

Yes its all in hand.

Great stuff, if its needed I always try to keep an empty hutch for such things, rather that than send it to Hull where it might never see its family again.

I have my ferret rescue hutch seperate to mine. ...but Its got a broody bantom in it at the moment.

Hi everyone,

He is back safe and sound - a lovely family on the same estate found him and took him in :) he has done nothing but eat and sleep so all back to normal. His cage mate is back to his old self. Thank you to everyone!!

Xx

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 08:37 ----------

Hi everyone,

He is back safe and sound - a lovely family on the same estate found him and took him in :) he has done nothing but eat and sleep so all back to normal. His cage mate is back to his old self. Thank you to everyone!!

Xx

Hi everyone,

Xx

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 08:37 ----------

Hi everyone,

Xx

Ah brilliant news :D so glad that you have him back safe.

So glad you found him safe and well!!! And well done you for being a brilliant owner in

him neutered and chipped!!!!

Sorry but I have to say it, when a ferret is found and taken in by the Rspca, eventually they do go to Hull, as none of the Rspca centres have licensing to house them permanently. This is after a 7 days to give chance fir the owner to come forward and reclaim.....you make it sound like a bad thing!!! The centre is state of the art and the fezzes want for nothing!! You may or may not be interested to know that 11 have been found in the last month.....none of which were chipped, or neutered, ridiculous really as as a responsible pet owner, standard procedures, just like the OP did.

So glad you found him safe and well!!! And well done you for being a brilliant owner in

him neutered and chipped!!!!

Sorry but I have to say it, when a ferret is found and taken in by the Rspca, eventually they do go to Hull, as none of the Rspca centres have licensing to house them permanently. This is after a 7 days to give chance fir the owner to come forward and reclaim.....you make it sound like a bad thing!!! The centre is state of the art and the fezzes want for nothing!! You may or may not be interested to know that 11 have been found in the last month.....none of which were chipped, or neutered, ridiculous really as as a responsible pet owner, standard procedures, just like the OP did.

I know that the ferrets have to go to Hull and it can't be helped, it is as it is, but as said before I do think it a bad thing sorry :hihi: no matter how lovely the place is and I'm very sure that it is...I would be devastated if one of mine was taken and rehomed before I could find it, and many will never find them lots wont be able to go there to get them back, where do they go for 7 days? is that a new arrangement?

Of course thats never going to happen to mine as all of them are chipped!! I just worry about the stray ones and people looking for them, the ones I have had have usually taken a couple of weeks to be claimed, I don't think people know where to look, saying that, of course the majority are never claimed, and as stated they are never neutered or chipped!

Edited by Moonbird

Exactly, most are not chipped or neutered, hence never (or hardly ever) reclaimed, if the owners can't be bothered to do this, after all, the very basics, a poster or two or three as appropriate is taped up near to where the fez was found, and then the Rspca websites and most of us regularly check in on the various facebook lost and found sites, and here of course.....what more can we do? A fez will be kept 7 days then transferred as we couldn't afford to house/ feed/ treat each individual one any longer. If an owner does come forward after this time, which has happened, twice, both didn't want them back as they had been neutered......says it all, doesn't it?! So, if you lose your ferret, you would try everything and look everywhere to locate them, you make it sound like we purposely rip them from their doting owners!!!!