Recommend long dog walks.

I live in Oughtibridge and have walked the crags, on the river, up to Bradfield etc hundreds of times so would like to know of any recommended long dog walks. I'm happy to drive to it but don't want to go miles and miles in the car as one dog really hates being in the car.

It's for a Labrador, Husky and a Collie so are happy to go for a very long walk.

Look forward to hearing peoples ideas.

I'm in Stocksbridge and always looking for decent walks.... I've done quite a few on the Stocksbridge Walkers website HERE and they've been very good, lots of different lengths to choose from and obviously not a long way in the car from you.

Near us I also like walking around More Hall and Broomhead, that's not very long though maybe 4-5 miles but it is pretty nice.

Edit - there's also a Bradfield Walkers are Welcome site but if you go up there a lot you've probably done all those!

That's great thanks!!!

We did the long Wharncliffe Woods one yesterday and the dogs absolutely loved it - although they found the muddiest, smelliest water about 10 minutes before we got back to the car park, so that was nice!!!

I just like to go to different places rather than the same walks all the time - plenty of different smells for them all that way :-)

Rivelin Valley has a good few trails to follow up and down the valley.

Thanks - we have decided to give Rivelin Valley a go this Sunday.

If you're doing a REALLY long dog walk you can leave the car at the Malin Bridge end of the Rivelin Valley, walk out along the river as far as the A57, go outwards along the A57 for about half a mile, then down the side of the Rivelin reservoirs, up Wyming Brook and then up to Redmires. From there it's a short stroll up to Ringinglow, from where you could catch a bus back to the start :)

Look on visit woods.org

And dog walks Sheffield

Due to the recent increase in confirmed cases of Canine Seasonal Illness and the danger it poses to dogs walking in woodland is not a good option at this time of year.