Advice on rehoming a Rabbit

Hi

Could anyone give me advice on rehoming a bunny please?

She is three years old around march.Is a harlequin mix and we have always kept her inside the house in a 6x 5 ft cage and with frequent run of the livingroom and kitchen..

I have reluctantly decided to rehome her as she is just not getting the attention she deserves and is used to due to numerous factors.

My worry is that if I just advertise her someone could get her for the wrong reasons such as bait or she could end up in a tiny hutch in someones garden with no space to run and jump.

Can anybody tell me what my options are please? We got her from graves park and someone told me they will take them back.Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

Hi Memo if you are wanting a home we can offer a free range home with friends she would at first be separate but would be bonded into a larger group if you are interested please PM me

Hi Memo if you are wanting a home we can offer a free range home with friends she would at first be separate but would be bonded into a larger group if you are interested please PM me

She would be well looked after with teeny. I can vouch for that. Its amazing to see the large group that has been bonded together :thumbsup:

This doesn't help you with advice on how to rehome her but I was just wondering with you saying she lived in the house, does she make a mess or smell? I've been thinking of getting an indoor rabbit but I'm worried it would chew all my furniture

House bunnies generally go to the loo in a tray , you have yo proof your home as rabbits are brilliant at spreading wire and wall paper , house bunnies are usually very clean , they don't smell unless not kept clean ,

I offered a home do that there was no need for the thread

Hi Teeny

It wont let me pm you as I don't have 5 posts yet.But I would definately be happy for you to have her as it sounds like a wonderful place for her :)

Hi Teeny

It wont let me pm you as I don't have 5 posts yet.But I would definately be happy for you to have her as it sounds like a wonderful place for her :)

07990 90 3773 give me a text or ring i would be happy to help

:D

This doesn't help you with advice on how to rehome her but I was just wondering with you saying she lived in the house, does she make a mess or smell? I've been thinking of getting an indoor rabbit but I'm worried it would chew all my furniture

She is litter box trained and I just use wooden cat litter pellets.The smell Is fine aslong as you keep them clean.Especially in the warmer months.She will chew wires if she had a chance and has had a nibble at furniture one time when she figured out how to open her cage door and no one was around.But like someone else said you just have to rabbit proof things and give tem plenty of their own things to nibble :)

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 21:56 ----------

Thanks Teeny.I'll ring tomorrow if that's ok with you?Is there a time that's best?

She is litter box trained and I just use wooden cat litter pellets.The smell Is fine aslong as you keep them clean.Especially in the warmer months.She will chew wires if she had a chance and has had a nibble at furniture one time when she figured out how to open her cage door and no one was around.But like someone else said you just have to rabbit proof things and give tem plenty of their own things to nibble :)

---------- Post added 08-09-2014 at 21:56 ----------

Thanks Teeny.I'll ring tomorrow if that's ok with you?Is there a time that's best?

anytime before 8.30pm

it sounds as if you may have a lovely home for her thanks to Teeny.

Teeny: at some stage, I would like to introduce a 3rd bunny to my 2 rescues (they came to us separately and we bonded them over time and now they adore one another) and would welcome your advice. They're both around the same age and I'm conscious of what will happen when one dies and the other is all alone :( but don't want to upset them if a third rabbit would cause friction.

Our male lionhead/lop mix Jack is neutered but Caramel, our other lionhead is not. I think another similar sized female would be a good choice but she would have to be spayed. They live outdoors in a 2 storey hutch with an integral 2ft high run and a further 7x2x2ft side run and have no fear of our daft doberbeast who insists on seeing them everytime we go outside.

it sounds as if you may have a lovely home for her thanks to Teeny.

Teeny: at some stage, I would like to introduce a 3rd bunny to my 2 rescues (they came to us separately and we bonded them over time and now they adore one another) and would welcome your advice. They're both around the same age and I'm conscious of what will happen when one dies and the other is all alone :( but don't want to upset them if a third rabbit would cause friction.

Our male lionhead/lop mix Jack is neutered but Caramel, our other lionhead is not. I think another similar sized female would be a good choice but she would have to be spayed. They live outdoors in a 2 storey hutch with an integral 2ft high run and a further 7x2x2ft side run and have no fear of our daft doberbeast who insists on seeing them everytime we go outside.

My sister advices that a rabbit should be spayed before introduction to your bunnies , Teeny does bonding if you are interested