Can us catholics have the cathedral back??

I have it on good authority (i.e. God told me) that my family used to have farming rights, prior to 724 AD, to the area on which both your cathedrals are sited – so can all you religious types please get orrfff moy land! :rant:

I think you will find that if you go back far enough God has all the rights to the land. After all he made it!!!

I think you will find that if you go back far enough God has all the rights to the land. After all he made it!!!

Ah, but we only invented God to keep the plebs under the yoke in the first place!

What would Jesus say to this constant and pointless fighting between the factions of a church that purports to follow him.

Clearly neither side have listened to a damn word he said. :?

What would Jesus say to this constant and pointless fighting between the factions of a church that purports to follow him.

Clearly neither side have listened to a damn word he said. :?

yep in particular "though shalt not steal" stealing the wealth and buildings from the catholic church

can we have it back yet?

I don't think that the Roman Catholic Church in England & Wales can make this claim because the Church of England like the Church of Sweden etc., has been a one holy, catholic & apostolic Church in England as it has been always. It only broke its communion with the See of Rome that they have every single right to keep the building and the land for themselves. Likewise, such curches as Ukrainian Catholic Church which is communion with the Bishop of Rome (aka the Pope) has their right to mainrain their premises for their own use & the Vatican has no right to interfere. If the Anglican Ordinairiate ever posesses their own properties such as their church buildings & wish to join the Roman Catholic Church, then, the Church of England has no right to interfere that either.

What do you think ?

It's this tiny island that has fewer Catholics than protestants. If you go to Latin America, the Philippines, Hong Kong, all the Catholic Churches are abundantly overflowing with faithful. Anglicans and other protestants will convert, just be patient Tony. Let them enjoy Christ's mercy in their ignorance. It's only a tiny island with a few stolen churches. It's not England that matters when the vast majority of the Christian kingdom is Catholic and true to apostolic succession from Abraham to David to Christ to today. Look at the state of the CofE? Do you not think the world is going to God? Those bullies are a prejudiced bunch and factually incorrect, not you. So relax, brother! Let them discriminate against us all they want. It is they who are losing out on the grace and true Fellowship of our Lord and the intercession, miracles and kindness of His blessed Mother, the Queen of the Church and all the Holy Saints and martyrs. We could look to America, but who turns to America for spiritual guidance anyway? The CofE knows it ought rightfully return all the Catholic Churches to the Church, but it maintains arrogant face under the weak and misguided intentions of Rowan Williams and the continued "faithfulness" to the King Henry rather than the King of Kings. We have a loving, caring God who wants the best for us, so he's not going to strike these people down, even if they are justifying the slaughter of innocent Catholics during the reformation. Just forgive, forgive and forgive, let go and let God. It's the tough way, but it's the right and just way.

Edited by samuk1000

It's this tiny island that has fewer Catholics than protestants. If you go to Latin America, the Philippines, Hong Kong, all the Catholic Churches are abundantly overflowing with faithful. Anglicans and other protestants will convert, just be patient Tony. Let them enjoy Christ's mercy in their ignorance. It's only a tiny island with a few stolen churches. It's not England that matters when the vast majority of the Christian kingdom is Catholic and true to apostolic succession from Abraham to David to Christ to today. Look at the state of the CofE? Do you not think the world is going to God? Those bullies are a prejudiced bunch and factually incorrect, not you. So relax, brother! Let them discriminate against us all they want. It is they who are losing out on the grace and true Fellowship of our Lord and the intercession, miracles and kindness of His blessed Mother, the Queen of the Church and all the Holy Saints and martyrs. We could look to America, but who turns to America for spiritual guidance anyway? The CofE knows it ought rightfully return all the Catholic Churches to the Church, but it maintains arrogant face under the weak and misguided intentions of Rowan Williams and the continued "faithfulness" to the King Henry rather than the King of Kings. We have a loving, caring God who wants the best for us, so he's not going to strike these people down, even if they are justifying the slaughter of innocent Catholics during the reformation. Just forgive, forgive and forgive, let go and let God. It's the tough way, but it's the right and just way.

Accordin to the Vatican, the Orthodox Churches, Oriental Churches as well as the Old Catholic Churches & the Palmarian Catholic Church etc. that are not in communion with the See of Rome also possess Apostolic Succession.

The C/E's possession of Apostolic Succession seems as if it is in question. I know this for sure some priests of the C/E were ordained by the Bishop of Utrecht which makes their order valid.

What do you think ?

Accordin to the Vatican, the Orthodox Churches, Oriental Churches as well as the Old Catholic Churches & the Palmarian Catholic Church etc. that are not in communion with the See of Rome also possess Apostolic Succession.

The C/E's possession of Apostolic Succession seems as if it is in question. I know this for sure some priests of the C/E were ordained by the Bishop of Utrecht which makes their order valid.

What do you think ?

I'm not a theologian and there are some great people in all kinds of denominations, including the CofE. I was confirmed in CofE but have reverted back to my childhood faith after much soul-searching. However, I have experienced much bullying by CofE members because of my catholicism when I was younger. I regret getting confirmed in the CofE in some way, in that it was weak of me not to stand up to the pressure to alter my faith. In answer to your question, it would be best put to a catholic theologian.

I'm not a theologian and there are some great people in all kinds of denominations, including the CofE. I was confirmed in CofE but have reverted back to my childhood faith after much soul-searching. However, I have experienced much bullying by CofE members because of my catholicism when I was younger. I regret getting confirmed in the CofE in some way, in that it was weak of me not to stand up to the pressure to alter my faith. In answer to your question, it would be best put to a catholic theologian.

How awful that you were bullied by some members of the C/E ! Did you go to an Evangelical parish ? Had you gone to a catholic parish of the C/E (ie. St Peter's Greenhill, St Matthew's, Carver Street etc.), your experience might have been quite different.

I understand that you were confirmed by an Anglican bishop. In that case, you must be confirmed by a Roman Catholic bishop or by a bishop who is in communion with the Bishop of Rome. Otherwise, you are not in communion with the See of Rome and since the Anglican order is invalid according to the Vatican, that confirmation was not valid. In other words, you've never been confirmed. You may ask your RC parish priest or enquire St Marie's Cathedral office re: your confirmation by a Roman Catholic bishop. Until you are fully in communion with the See of Rome, according to the regulation of the Roman Catholic Church, you are not supposed to receive communion in the Roman Catholic Church.

with prayers

Edited by forumperson

Why don't you lot contribute something to the present Science vs Religion thread instead of arguing about church buildings.

You should be all united together,when people are criticising the actions of your churches.

I've been looking in to my past, and it turns out they've only gone and built a stonking great cathederal on my ancestors land, which was forcibly taken from them.

Can you knock down the Catholic Cathedral and give me my land back please?

I've been looking in to my past, and it turns out they've only gone and built a stonking great cathederal on my ancestors land, which was forcibly taken from them.

Can you knock down the Catholic Cathedral and give me my land back please?

the Roman Catholic Cathedral Church of St Marie is built upon the land which was purchased by Sheffield Catholics and a part was a cemetery.