Automatic can openers

We've just bought a Smart Touch Automatic Can Opener, but have found that it doesn't provide the foolproof method of removing the tops off cans that it claims. We've looked at a few reviews of automatic can openers on line, but all seem to have mixed reviews.

Any suggestions please.

We both struggle with conventional can openers.

Hi John, my elderly father in law has the same issue and, unfortunately, has tried a whole host of 'automatic' solutions and not found one that actually is foolproof. He now just buys frozen veg instead.

I bought one from the electrical shop in Crystal Peaks market. £15, Battery operated and it works fine.

Don't buy tinned goods. Buy fresh and if you are not able to do so look for an alternative. If money is an issue then frozen foods in packets are far much easier to open and last just as long.

The old bang and rip tin openers never failed but I don't think you can buy them anymore because I haven't seen any on sale for years.

Don't buy tinned goods. Buy fresh and if you are not able to do so look for an alternative. If money is an issue then frozen foods in packets are far much easier to open and last just as long.

Not everything comes as fresh or frozen. Salmon, tuna? Yes I suppose you could buy it fresh, cook it and mash it but....... Sardines/pilchards in tomato sauce. Some fruit, exotic or out of season.

Yes, you have a good point, but I'm afraid the tin will always be with us.

The old bang and rip tin openers never failed but I don't think you can buy them anymore because I haven't seen any on sale for years.
they are the only reliable ones and all that I use. I bought a couple from home bargains about a year ago

I use this one and have been very happy with it. I've had it a good 10 years now and it's still going strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-Opener-Knife-Sharpener-Bottle/dp/B0000C72YY

we had one of those too, was good for quite a few years, when it eventually broke we got a Good Grips manual one, very easy to use but still not so good if you cant use manual ones

they are the only reliable ones and all that I use. I bought a couple from home bargains about a year ago

I bought one from there and it's useless.

Actually, I might have bought it from Poundland instead.

Thank's hyper. I may try and get one there.