ParcelForce asking for ID when delivering parcel

Hi

Is it normal for ParcelForce couriers to ask who you are before they give you the parcel?

I mean, I opened the door thereby letting him know I actually live there (it's a house, not a flat or anything).

He asked my for my surname and initial and once he'd accepted, he gave me the goods.

Pretty peeved to be honest.

Hi

Is it normal for ParcelForce couriers to ask who you are before they give you the parcel?

I mean, I opened the door thereby letting him know I actually live there (it's a house, not a flat or anything).

He asked my for my surname and initial and once he'd accepted, he gave me the goods.

Pretty peeved to be honest.

Can't see a problem with him making sure the right person gets the parcel..does it bother you if you have to sign for stuff as well?

Can't see a problem with him making sure the right person gets the parcel..does it bother you if you have to sign for stuff as well?

No problem in signing for stuff. It's just that I've never been asked to confirm who I was, even though he could clearly see I live in the property.

And what difference would it make if someone else received the parcel at the same address?

Are you saying they wouldn't give it to them?

No problem in signing for stuff. It's just that I've never been asked to confirm who I was, even though he could clearly see I live in the property.

And what difference would it make if someone else received the parcel at the same address?

I'm not saying anything other than I don't have an issue with someone asking who I am when I receive a parcel..

Just common working practice I imagine. Good to see PF wanting to get said parcel to it's correct recipient.

Angel1.

No he could see you were in the property, doesn't mean you live there I have no objection to being asked to prove who I am. Mind you when DPD come I say hello Adelle & she says hi Pete, we have that much stuff off Amazon.

When i had my last phone delivered to my work address i had to show my ID. That was the first time i've ever known having to do it..

Must be coming more common. I personally don't see any issues with tightening security.

Um, he asks so he knows for track and trace. Do it now. It will say delivered and have your name next to it as who 'signed' for it.

He didn't ask for ID, he asked your name.

They don't get you to 'sign' anymore. They have an electronic gadget that looks a bit like a big calculator. That's where he puts your name.

Edited by Radan

Why would he know you live at the house. You could be visiting or you could be a workman.

Little bit off subject but it's only like if you go to a Royal Mail sorting office to collect a package you now have to take some id with you as well as the sorry you were out card whereas before you only had to take the card .personlly I don't see why anyone should have a problem giving their Id to receive their package