Social housing sell-off

Margaret Thatchers attempt to get more people into capitalism, did it work?

I buy and sell shares, and I am just a ordinary bloke earning less than £15k. Do many people do it?

Would many of the people wanting to vote leave, would they vote that way, if they held shares?

Some people live from week to week, if I want to buy something that costs a months wages, I could do it anytime.

Has selling off council houses changed anything. I was reading about council houses being sold off in the South. One third of them are on housing benefit.

If you got in on property back then chances are you've made a ton of money on a house you probably paid relatively little for.

Obviously you can't 'realise' that cash because you're living in it.

If you got in on property back then chances are you've made a ton of money on a house you probably paid relatively little for.

Even if that's true, it has not much bearing on whether Council Houses should have been sold.

Has it changed anything? Not enough social housing left for a start, giving rise to private landlords making a fortune from the tax payer.

Has it changed anything? Not enough social housing left for a start, giving rise to private landlords making a fortune from the tax payer.

True. Selling-off public housing stock was intended to 'enfranchise' Council tenants, not to enrich their BTL successors.

The high value council houses in the South are being sold off, with the help of companies operating illegally.

There has been prosecutions, but some must be getting away with it; the result being a council houses in the hands of big landlords.

The high value council houses in the South are being sold off, with the help of companies operating illegally.

There has been prosecutions, but some must be getting away with it; the result being a council houses in the hands of big landlords.

Trouble is its all just a hypothetical guessing game as no records are kept as to how many council houses are now in the hands of private big landlords.