Who will succeed Cameron?

Its all over bar the shouting. Brexit will win and convincingly. Cameron will resign before the end of the month.

Who will be the next PM?

Boris, IDS, Gove, May?

It wont be Corbyn so pick your right winger.

Boris. IDS has no chance and Gove is just too wierd looking. May has kept her powder very dry on the teferendum so would be a credible challanger to Boris.

May ??

May ??

Shes currently JSF with Gove on 7s. Albiet miles behind Boris at 11/4.

Cameron will resign before the end of the month.

Not a chance.

This is a media stirred up story because they can't wait until 2020.

But I hope it is Boris. I can't believe how far he's come from his first appearance on Have I Got News for You.

Its all over bar the shouting. Brexit will win and convincingly. Cameron will resign before the end of the month.

Who will be the next PM?

Boris, IDS, Gove, May?

It wont be Corbyn so pick your right winger.

All over before the polling stations even open...

Or perhaps you'd just like to think that.

We have to remember, it's a lot easier to oust a sitting Conservative PM than it is a Labour one. The Cons have form and they will throw out Cameron if he loses the EU referendum and let's be honest, would he want the job after, having to negotiate our exit? Probably not. If the UK is to leave the EU, we need a statesman at the held. Someone who can speak up for the UK on the world stage and the only person who can fit that bill is Boris.

I hope we stay in the EU but I fear the momentum is behind the Leave campaign.

It doesn't matter who wins the referendum, there will be civil war within the Tory party. The big worry is that this civil war may make the Tories unelectable and let Corbyn in via the back door.

If the vote is Brexit, I too am convinced that Cameron would get out of No.10 extremely shortly afterwards. For political self-preservation purposes, if he's not pushed out faster than that in the first place.

It doesn't matter who would succeed him. It doesn't matter which party either.

It is the body of civil servants, trade/finance/legal/diplomatic types, who would be doing the lion's share and nitty-gritty of the negotiating and instrument drafting, so much with the EU as with the rest of the world, which matters.

Significantly more.

Considering their numbers (relative to their opposite numbers across the very many negotiating tables which a Brexit involves), and their historical track record in recent times...I'd wish Brexiters well :hihi:

Edited by L00b

We have to remember, it's a lot easier to oust a sitting Conservative PM than it is a Labour one. The Cons have form and they will throw out Cameron if he loses the EU referendum and let's be honest, would he want the job after, having to negotiate our exit? Probably not. If the UK is to leave the EU, we need a statesman at the held. Someone who can speak up for the UK on the world stage and the only person who can fit that bill is Boris.

I hope we stay in the EU but I fear the momentum is behind the Leave campaign.

Did you say we want a buffoon at the helm? :huh:

Was he a buffoon when he ran London all those years? Yes, he looked silly at photo ops (a bit like Bush Junior) but did he do a good job? Is his buffoonery an act?

Hmm, if the "We will definately leave if there is an out vote" is a bluff to try to prevent some voters tactical Brexit voting to try and force better terms for staying in, I suspect an out vote won't be the end of the matter, the establishment desperately trying further sham negotiations to force another more heavily rigged referendum won't want an actual 'outer' to be in charge so maybe Cameron will survive.

The whole thing has resembled a giant game of poker, still not sure which side has a full house and which has a pair of threes.