Terrorist attack at Istanbul Airport - 28 confirmed dead

The BBC are still saying 28 dead but RT are saying 50!

The BBC are still saying 28 dead but RT are saying 50!

Christ that is going up quick... Seen quite a bit of stuff flying around on the Reddit page, apparently a police officer realised one of the terrorists was indeed a terrorist and flung himself at him, unfortunately the terrorist managed to detonate at that point. Another officer managed to shoot one dead before he could detonate.

Turkish Ministry of Health are saying 6 dead.

so that's 28 confirmed errm... ermm... no maybe its 50 confirmed and the Ministry saying 6.

Sometimes I really wish news organisations and quite frankly public feeds just like this would just take a breath and wait until "death figures" become more stable.

Reporting the incident is one thing but this almost rubbernecking urgent demand to throw fatality figures around really gets on my nerves.

Turkish Ministry of Health are saying 6 dead.

so that's 28 confirmed errm... ermm... no maybe its 50 confirmed and the Ministry saying 6.

Sometimes I really wish news organisations and quite frankly public feeds just like this would just take a breath and wait until "death figures" become more stable.

Reporting the incident is one thing but this almost rubbernecking urgent demand to throw fatality figures around really gets on my nerves.

True, regardless, it is a tragic event.

BSkyNews also reporting 50 dead now. Very sad indeed.

Awful for those caught up in it and probably not very helpful in this country for calming down the current spate of moronic racism we seem to be suffering.