Anyone know how to clean 'blackened' gas burners?

How do I clean a rusty wok?

Honestly, buy a new one.

Molasses..................

Mole arses?:huh::huh:

Very clever Mr.McWoods. Your online Loyd Grossman impersonation is bang on! :P

Very clever Mr.McWoods. Your online Loyd Grossman impersonation is bang on! :P

Haha!

Welcome back Sir!

I thought you'd been banished to the 'long-stay' naughty step.:o

UPDATE

Being the instigator of the thread I thought I'd say how I've solved the problem.

I noticed a sanding block, (fine) in The Range. I bought that and tried it out. It worked like a charm, it removed all of the blackened stuff and left a nice shiny finish.

So the answer is a flexible sanding pad in a fine grade. Job done and problem solved.

Haha!

Welcome back Sir!

I thought you'd been banished to the 'long-stay' naughty step.:o

No, I never say anything either outrageous nor apocryphal enough for the naughty step (unlike your goodself, I'm led to believe :P). Just very busy, plus the forum's just either daft politics and/or arguing for the sake of it at the mo. Boring.

Honestly, buy a new one.

No I want to clean my rusty one!! :loopy:

Cleaning the Wok.

Allow yourself plenty of time to do this as it all needs to be done in one stint.

Heat the Wok

Allow to cool

Use slightly wetted Brillo pads to clean the surface starting from the centre and working to the outside (other metal scourer soap pads are available).

you may have to rinse off and reapeat the process several times

Thoroughly rinse off all the soap and rust.

Anneal the wok by Heating. Do not make the mistake of leaving this for later as the surface will rust again if you do.

Annealing.

Have ready

Some solid animal fat. (I use butter)

Something to rub and spread the fat all over the Wok possibly some grease proof paper would do the job.

An oven glove or a pan holder.

Heat the wok straight after rinsing, The water will sizzle and evaporate. turn down the heat.

When it is completely dry put a little of the fat in the wok and tip the wok about to spread it while it is melting if there is not enough add some more.

turn off the heat and "polish" the interior of the wok with the fat until all the surface is covered and glossy.

Leave to completely cool. Go away watch the football or a long film have a coffee or beer, (just one).

Return to the Wok and re heat. This final stage is essential to stop food sticking and change the chemical coating. Store the Wok in a cloth bag or brown paper if you keep it in a cupboard or hang it up.

This works very well on my Grandmother's old griddle on which I still make dropscones.