Drone/Quadcopter Video Photography Group?

Hi All,

I was thinking of asking SF to create a new Special Interest Group for people interested in Drone/Quadcopter's or do you guys think it should be included in this 'Sheffield Photography' Group?

Will it get much interest?

I've taken some video from my quadcopters, but I don't know if there's much to discuss about it...

Will it get much interest?

I've taken some video from my quadcopters, but I don't know if there's much to discuss about it...

They're becoming increasingly popular and i think a group that can discuss everything quadcopter would generate some interest.

But not sure if it needs it own group or threads can easily just sit in the 'Sheffield Photography' group?

Why not start off in the photography group as a new thread that on-topic posts can be added to? If it gets really busy then go for a separate group. I'm sure photographers would be quite interested.

Note that there are quite broad groups for things like "sport and activities" whereas drone photography is very specific and we don't have separate groups for "landscape", "Portraits", "wedding photography", "sport photography" etc.

The topic does have broader appeal though, I'm more interested in flying the drones than I am in taking photos.

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and am active on the DJI forum. That's a very busy forum so I would suggest that's a better place for anything Drone related and maybe just a thread on Sheffield forum for local people to add to here and there with local info relating to there flying and pictures or organising meeting up.

Look at this video over Stannington / Rivelin (not my video).

That is amazing, love the view and the tech looks really impressive.

I'm intersted I fly dji phantom 3 adv also dji phantom 4 dji f550 hex tbs discovery pro all fpv also a few gliders anyone want to meet up at ringinglow

Edited by Teamukfpv

Look at this video over Stannington / Rivelin (not my video).

That is amazing, love the view and the tech looks really impressive.

Impressive.

Can't be line of site from the user though, or under 400ft...

If I fly my drone out of line of site, I no longer own a drone :-(

Impressive.

Can't be line of site from the user though, or under 400ft...

Yeah that's definatley over 400ft :loopy: