Bathroom Megathread. Advice & recommendations - no quotes/advertising

Recommendations required for new bathroom - please

I'm looking to have a new bathroom fitted (re-design/new suite/plumbing/electrics/tiling etc) and would like recommendations from forum members who have had a good experience.

No self promotions please.

Ones to avoid would also be useful.

Thanks very much

Hi There

I would like to recommend someone. His name is steven and his company is.

G BUILDING SERVICES. He has done all of my house and has just done my bathroom that i'm so happy with. he gutted the whole room reboarded it did the platering, tiling and fitted the bathroom.

his number is 07772445783

look up Dan 2802 on te forum , highly recommended

I recommend PD Plumbheat. Efficient, reliable service, realistic rates. tel:0114 2215265 or 07886625484

We used H2O, based on Chesterfield Road. They did a full start to finish design, supply, installation, tiling, plastering, electrics, everything. The only thing left to do was decorate. Really nice people too and always available during the process if I had any questions.

Their quoted price was very similar to the other quote we'd received, so I got the impression that their prices are about standard for the level of service and quality of work that they provide

Thanks for the names and numbers - much appreciated.

Just gathering info at mo and will give people a call when we're ready to roll .

Other recommendations still welcome :wave:

Does anyone know what "Grand Designs" on Crookesmoor Rd is like? Seen it whilst driving past.......

Nope, but I can tell you that Herbert Faireys up at Hillsborough offer the widest range I've found, from a couple of hundred quid for a complete bathroom including taps, to the top of the range quality stuff - all at reasonable prices

They can recommend fitters they use regularly, who can offer design advice based on knowing what will actually work rather than pretty pictures ;)

I used a guy called Phil Greenwood 07729625901. He did me a fantastic kitchen and bathroom. He and his team were very professional and reliable. Nothing was too much trouble, a real problem solver and definately knew his stuff!!! Organised all the plastering, electrics and tiling too. My friends have used him since and they totally agree. His rates are very reasonable.

Definately worth a call.........

look up Dan 2802 on te forum , highly recommended

Thanks Mal.

Good luck with the van.

Nope, but I can tell you that Herbert Faireys up at Hillsborough offer the widest range I've found, from a couple of hundred quid for a complete bathroom including taps, to the top of the range quality stuff - all at reasonable prices

They can recommend fitters they use regularly, who can offer design advice based on knowing what will actually work rather than pretty pictures ;)

Thanks for the :thumbsup: Strix.