Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday - matchthread

Cannot agree with you on GM we had won 3 in ten games in the third division before the Derby. Not good enough. Something wasn't right we couldn't play for 90 minutes got to be something mentally wrong with the culture. MM called it with right and I agreed at the time

I'm not asking you to agree, it's just my opinion.

i'm still not confident:hihi: if we don't beat wycombe then we don't deserve second, simple as. i don't think united will do us a favour and lose so i hope the players cope with the pressure and do the buisiness. it's going to be a nervous week, just a shame i'm off for the next 2 weeks if we do go up

To be honest i think we'd have been where we are had Megson stayed.

The arrival of Antonio is the only reason we're where we are, and we have to thank GM for that.

Dave Jones took over a very strong side, despite our blip in form previous to that.

The departure of Ben Marshall was crucial, the arrival of Antonio was even more crucial...having said that, we're all happy Owls tonight! UTO!

If Megson had stayed in charge I think we'd have comfortably stayed in front of the owls - he was relying far too much on route one, it seems the new manager has tried to encourage more variety to the play - use long ball when you need to, but not all the time. And the new manager bubble has not burst yet, which has helped a lot.

Just a shame that Megson was sacked for a personality clash rather than for footballing reasons - it wasn't like Mandaric had some eureka moment, thought "I hate this pedestrian long ball rubbish" and opted for a footballing manager - it was pure and simple a clash of two big egos, and in those cases the one with the power always wins. This time the luck went with him and Jones has worked, despite many reservations.

If Megson had stayed in charge I think we'd have comfortably stayed in front of the owls - he was relying far too much on route one, it seems the new manager has tried to encourage more variety to the play - use long ball when you need to, but not all the time. And the new manager bubble has not burst yet, which has helped a lot.

Just a shame that Megson was sacked for a personality clash rather than for footballing reasons - it wasn't like Mandaric had some eureka moment, thought "I hate this pedestrian long ball rubbish" and opted for a footballing manager - it was pure and simple a clash of two big egos, and in those cases the one with the power always wins. This time the luck went with him and Jones has worked, despite many reservations.

yea i think u'd of been up by now if megson was still in charge but i'm sure jones isn't complaining too much with the players he inherited

yea i think u'd of been up by now if megson was still in charge but i'm sure jones isn't complaining too much with the players he inherited

Well he's got a strong squad there - though I'm sure he'll have to look at the loan players and try and get the more effective ones signed up quickly if possible - they have made a difference in this division.

Well done Wednesday,its what its all about being a sheffield fan on either side,we're always living on the edge UTO

Well he's got a strong squad there - though I'm sure he'll have to look at the loan players and try and get the more effective ones signed up quickly if possible - they have made a difference in this division.

if we do go up i can't see us keeping batth or antonio so it will be interesting to see the type of player he brings in

Well done owls . You deserve to go up the bottle and endeavour you have showed and never say die attitude has been remarkable. I'm gutted you've caught us and pipped us but no can say you dont deserve it because you do ... so fair play to you and looks like more playoff heartache for us !

Well done owls . You deserve to go up the bottle and endeavour you have showed and never say die attitude has been remarkable. I'm gutted you've caught us and pipped us but no can say you dont deserve it because you do ... so fair play to you and looks like more playoff heartache for us !

thanks but i wont be accepting any congratulations until after the game next week, as much as i want to believe we are up i know anything could happen yet:) it's a shame one of us has to go through the playoffs though as i believe we both deserve promotion so if you do end up in them i will be hoping you win it

That's a very magnanimous post and you shouldn't get too despondent about the play-offs:

a) You could still go up automatic.

b) Although as a supporter you may have experienced nothing but heartache in them, the current set of players haven't.

c) You've got an Owl in charge now who's triumphed before at Wembley. (Sorry about that one - couldn't resist!)

All good points fella, but it's all about opinions and now we'll never know anyway.

Well done Wednesday - its now yours to take and me thinks you will now :(