The Hanover just off Hanover Way

I've just moved in around the corner, so the Hanover pub on Clarke Street is my new local... but I'm a little nervous to go in!

Was just wondering if anyone knows what it's like? Is it a bit rough or ok? Can you get a decent pint in there?

I'm 27 but still look a bit studenty, and didn't know if I'd get League Of Gentleman style "this is a local pub for local people!" type looks for wandering in!

I'm guessing I'm probably better off walking up to the The Harley or West End, or down to the new Wetherspoons, but curious anyway.

Ta!

cant remember where that is now tbh, i know back in the 80s the "square" is where all the drug dealers used to hang around, just like up catherine street in pitsmoor, dunno if theyve dispersed em like they have up pitsmoor

Its made of bricks with doors & windows.

cant remember where that is now tbh, i know back in the 80s the "square" is where all the drug dealers used to hang around, just like up catherine street in pitsmoor, dunno if theyve dispersed em like they have up pitsmoor

I worked in "the square" in the early 80's and felt totally safe after the fierst bit of apprehension.

Drove round it a year or so ago and it was like a war zone crossed with that scene from the film The Wanderers wehere they first encounter the Ducky Boy gang.

I lived on Broomhall for 4 months last year and went in the Hanover a couple of times in the day. It was always quiet - like most pubs during the day nowadays. Dont know if it gets any more lively at night or at weekends soz.

I worked nearby and would often go there after work. It has friendly staff and is a good pub, though a little expensive. I have never seen any trouble there. Give it a try

From what I have seen it has a clientelle of regulars and their famiies.

Not threatening and mainly British born customers.

I worked in "the square" in the early 80's and felt totally safe after the fierst bit of apprehension.

Drove round it a year or so ago and it was like a war zone crossed with that scene from the film The Wanderers wehere they first encounter the Ducky Boy gang.

is funny, us from pitsmoor always swore the square was worse and those that hung around the square said pitsmoor was worse :suspect:

It's not a bad place but I preferred the one up the road, can't remember what the name is though?

It's not a bad place but I preferred the one up the road, can't remember what the name is though?

springfield tavern?

is funny, us from pitsmoor always swore the square was worse and those that hung around the square said pitsmoor was worse :suspect:

Neither place used to hold any problems for me, but now I think I'd rather find myself stranded in Pitsmoor after dark than Broomhall.

Used to be ok. Locals were a pretty friendly bunch. Was about five years ago though.