He can't go out to work unless he earns £1500 per month.

How do. I know a couple (I know a few couples really) who live together. The female has never really worked all her life and the male did work for most of his life before meeting said female.

The other day whilst they were moaning about being skint. I suggested that the male was a perfectly healthy person and would find no problem getting manual work. He's not the sharpest tool in the box so I wouldn't suggest he became a GP. I even went so far as to suggest I asked at my employers as we do often recruit and would have the perfect job for him.

I was greeted with the following statement from the female, "He's not going out to work unless he brings home at least £1500. I was quite taken back by this. Especially to see the male nodding in agreement.

This is not a rant about people on the dole. It's a bit of a shocking state of affairs when in order to get people off benefits they expect to walk into a £1500 per month job when they haven't lifted a finger in the past 5 years.

I earn what I consider a good wage and I have skills yet even I struggle to bring that home. Some attitudes are crazy.

How do. I know a couple (I know a few couples really) who live together. The female has never really worked all her life and the male did work for most of his life before meeting said female.

The other day whilst they were moaning about being skint. I suggested that the male was a perfectly healthy person and would find no problem getting manual work. He's not the sharpest tool in the box so I wouldn't suggest he became a GP. I even went so far as to suggest I asked at my employers as we do often recruit and would have the perfect job for him.

I was greeted with the following statement from the female, "He's not going out to work unless he brings home at least £1500. I was quite taken back by this. Especially to see the male nodding in agreement.

This is not a rant about people on the dole. It's a bit of a shocking state of affairs when in order to get people off benefits they expect to walk into a £1500 per month job when they haven't lifted a finger in the past 5 years.

I earn what I consider a good wage and I have skills yet even I struggle to bring that home. Some attitudes are crazy.

Next time he goes to sign on,go with him.Then tell the staff you may be able to get him an interview for a job...............Lazy so and so!

Next time he goes to sign on,go with him.Then tell the staff you may be able to get him an interview for a job...............Lazy so and so!

They don't sign on. She has OPCD due to smoking, yet she hasn't even bothered to cut down. He comes up with something to keep him from working. Then again I think he might share her claim. I'm not sure but he never signs.

The're just lazy B******.I try to remove myself from such people, i know i am far better than they will ever be .As far as I'm concerned people like them are pond life .

It works out about 8.00 odd an hour after tax, which to be honest is garbage. I don't blame them.

I cannot believe that to be true.

To be on that level he would have to be a qualified man in a positon of authority.

For that to be his take home, he would need to be on 22 grand at least.

Are we keeping men, worth that much at home when men on not much above that are paying £700 a month in tax to support them?

Something wrong here.

It works out about 8.00 odd an hour after tax, which to be honest is garbage. I don't blame them.

Come on Frank. Do you think that anyone would think differently if they got zero benefits when not working?

The're just lazy B******.I try to remove myself from such people, i know i am far better than they will ever be .As far as I'm concerned people like them are pond life .

Aye, used to have the same principals myself. Then we had the MP's Parliament debacle where hundreds of them were "fiddling" no other word for it. Then we have the banking debacle, where some bankers are receiving multi-million pound bonus's, even when joe bloggs has had to bail them out.

With the above in mind, if a working class man/woman can live by "fiddling", then so be it, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Never thought I would say that, but there is only so much a population can stand. When is the revolution?.

Regards

Angel.

Come on Frank. Do you think that anyone would think differently if they got zero benefits when not working?

Of course they'd work then, they'd have to.

The facts are that if they have to do a rubbish job, for rubbish pay, for a rubbish boss with no prospects, interest or desire on the one hand and then on the other stay at home and watch DVD's all day, for the same pay, well who can blame them?

It may not be morally right, but they would have to be incredibly even more stupid to work for nowt...

During the MP's expenses debacle they constantly said they hadn't acted illegally, it was the system to blame. Same applies to our oafs as mentioned in the OP..

As the system is at the moment they're not doing anything illegal. The system needs changing. The fault lays with successive thick governments who've hatched benefit dependancy...

if

rubbish job, for rubbish pay, for a rubbish boss with no prospects, interest or desire

Says who ?

Aye, used to have the same principals myself. Then we had the MP's Parliament debacle where hundreds of them were "fiddling" no other word for it. Then we have the banking debacle, where some bankers are receiving multi-million pound bonus's, even when joe bloggs has had to bail them out.

With the above in mind, if a working class man/woman can live by "fiddling", then so be it, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Never thought I would say that, but there is only so much a population can stand. When is the revolution?.

Regards

Angel.

I agree 100% its a awfully greedy world and in reality we don't care about each other....Everyone must do what's best for themselves...

It's one big rat race, where the winners are usually the biggest rats...

Says who ?

I thought we were discussing the benefit culture in general.....It'll be a pretty long thread if we debate all the different scenarios...