The real "biggest" financial drain on this country

I have seen lots of different threads accusing different "groups" of people as being a drain (financially) on society, Eg benefit claimants, students, pensioners etc But i has sussed it out! Through personal experience of knowing "one".

Drug users" ( Smack heads) The one i know of, doesnt work and get nearly a £1000 a month in benefits thats not including the £400 housing benefit per month, Endless social services and drug worker visits, a carrier bag full of various medication to treat the ailments caused by drug abuse, Hospital "stays" yes stays, there can be 1 a month each lasting a week and then the latest one, teeth removed and new dentures made, all whilst still taking drugs! Now im not being harsh or nasty but if someone has been addicted to heroin for more than 5 yrs, been through rehab god knows how many times and still doesnt give up drugs then they should be sterilised, bringing children into that kind of life is just wrong! Also can you ever been a proper Ex heroin addict?? Do they ever actually stop for good? I have seen and know of lots of terrible things that happen to this family and the things the kids go through, all of which i can not go into detail on here about but i will say i now understand how poor "Baby P" slipped through the system, the social services ( some of) are absolutely useless!!

Its a drop in the ocean, and I for one support this cause.

When the average salary in the UK is 40k per annum, I'm sure we do not begrudge this person the things you are highlighting.

What we need to be doing is investing more into the social services budget, investing more into drugs so that we can give the likes of the person you described more drugs and invest more into education, so that "smackheads" as you call them - can be educated in drugs, knowing the dangers and how best to take them.

If the person sucessfully completes the 2 hour course, he/she then gets a free holiday to Majorca

Its a drop in the ocean, and I for one support this cause.

When the average salary in the UK is 40k per annum, I'm sure we do not begrudge this person the things you are highlighting.

What we need to be doing is investing more into the social services budget, investing more into drugs so that we can give the likes of the person you described more drugs and invest more into education, so that "smackheads" as you call them - can be educated in drugs, knowing the dangers and how best to take them.

If the person sucessfully completes the 2 hour course, he/she then gets a free holiday to Majorca

Are you for real?

no hes a total troll and its so blatant its boring

no hes a total troll and its so blatant its boring

And completely ignorant if he thinks that 40 grand is the average yearly salary.

Sues Budgie used to post troll like statements to get a response.

To say the average wage is £40k and then apply this to everbody is totally misleading.

The average maybe (havn't checked) 40k, but if you take an example of 10 people, 1 on 100k, 1 on 40k and 17 people on 15k, this i suspect is about the norm.

Then, yes, 40k is the average, but the vast majority are only on about a third of this and it is these people that are rightly offended by the money thrown away in the OP's example.

My household has a very good income, but thats not the point, The point is, How much money do we keep throwing at these "ex users" before someone says theres no point to it because they dont want to be clean, the person i refer to in my thread enjoys taking drugs and thinks it is "clever" even though it is damaging their health seriously, As horrid as it sounds i think some people are just a lost cause

My household has a very good income, but thats not the point, The point is, How much money do we keep throwing at these "ex users"

A lot of us would prefer them to be supplied with legal, clean heroin, so that they could go back to work and pay taxes.

To say the average wage is £40k and then apply this to everbody is totally misleading.

The average maybe (havn't checked) 40k, but if you take an example of 10 people, 1 on 100k, 1 on 40k and 17 people on 15k, this i suspect is about the norm.

Then, yes, 40k is the average, but the vast majority are only on about a third of this and it is these people that are rightly offended by the money thrown away in the OP's example.

The programme on TV the other night said £40k was average in a two working person household.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/nw7hx/money--series-1---3-forty-grand

It was interesting seeing how some people felt well off with their income (especially the single man who earned that on his own) and others struggled.

With regard to the OP's comments, every case on its merits I suppose, but if children are at risk I hope they are being closely monitored. No child asks to be born into poverty, chaos or a neglectful or abusive family. If there are wider family, or neighbours who can look out for them, so much the better.

The programme on TV the other night said £40k was average in a two working person household.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/nw7hx/money--series-1---3-forty-grand

wasn't it £40K NET income in total ?? (not necessarily for two working people either, as they had that chappie and his 'homemaker' wife and a couple of retirees)

My wife and I are both on minimum wage. We live comfortably. We don't own a car. We don't go on foreign holidays. We don't owe anybody owt. Never have. Receive no benefits. We have difficulty understanding how anyone in Britain is in poverty when unemployed have a bigger income than us?:huh::huh::confused:

My household has a very good income, but thats not the point, The point is, How much money do we keep throwing at these "ex users" before someone says theres no point to it because they dont want to be clean, the person i refer to in my thread enjoys taking drugs and thinks it is "clever" even though it is damaging their health seriously, As horrid as it sounds i think some people are just a lost cause

Maybe the answer is to stop throwing money at them, legalise the drugs, control the supply and tax them appropriately.