Are you proud of Cameron for keeping us out of the new Euro club?

Proud of Cameron  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Proud of Cameron

• Yes
    • No

Right now Euro politicians are negotiating to give up legal sovereignty over their own nation and citizens.

Are you proud of David Cameron for leaving them to it?

Guest sibon

I'm pretty proud of Merkosy for finding a way to leave us out of it, whilst allowing themselves, Cameron and Clegg to claim the spoils.

That takes a very special kind of talent.

Merkosy

I hope they get to know about this - it'll cause dual apoplexy.:hihi:

Guest sibon
I hope they get to know about this - it'll cause dual apoplexy.:hihi:

It is a beautiful word.:D

I can't claim it as my own though, sadly, I nicked it from Newsnight... who nicked it from elsewhere.

Right now Euro politicians are negotiating to give up legal sovereignty over their own nation and citizens.

Are you proud of David Cameron for leaving them to it?

Poor Cameron, he can't do right for wrong or wrong for right. Damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

I'm glad it won't be a treaty change, they wanted to give more powers to the European Court of Justice to come down hard on countries for going over budget.

Even with the setup that's going ahead, countries will have to have their annual budgets signed off by a bunch of Eurocrats that can't even sign off their own accounts. How long before the Eurocrats start dictating what countries can and can't spend money on? Or how about having taxation set across Europe by unelected officials in Brussels/Strasbourg?

The proposed financial transactions tax would have disproportionately affected the UK economy so I'm glad Cameron stood his ground.

Edited by mj.scuba

Proud of David Cameron? Never! He's a baffoon.

But he did the right thing today. For a change. He deserves some respect for that certainly.

His stance coincides with the requirements of his masters which are the financial institutions in the city,and his domestic issues with the Tory UK sceptics.

I would be pleased with any politician who genuinely looks after the interests of the UK,but we have become a second rate nation due to successive governments failure to place any importance on manufacturing.

The UK has been a good place to live,but we are of little importance to the rest of the world.

Thatcher was a world figure only because of her alliance with Reagan, but Cameron will not be able to get any relationship with the USA,who are themselves increasingly isolated in the face of the new industrial nations of India and China.

Better to be 100 pc in Europe and influence from within than to stand alone.

he is looking after his rich mates the bankers and not looking after the ordinary person in the street,makes me ashamed to be British.

he is looking after his rich mates the bankers and not looking after the ordinary person in the street

Can you explain why?