Iranian display Drone

You'd have thought that those drones would have some sort of self destructing mechanism if it went to ground; the Iranians will now of course examine and study this drone to possibly devolope their own drones.

You'd have thought that those drones would have some sort of self destructing mechanism if it went to ground; the Iranians will now of course examine and study this drone to possibly devolope their own drones.

Then they will trade the details with China and Russia.

I think the bloke 'piloting' it back at HQ, will be self destructed by now.

Thats what I mean, there will be a trick in this.

They never lose anything, unless it is osolete first.

Why would you want it to self destruct when it went to ground?

Rather more effective if it explodes when the top Iranian engineers try to take it appart to reverse engineer it surely?

They can't reverse engineer centrifuges, so I think this bit of tech is fairly safe.

I'd be certain that the important chips will be tamper-proof.

IF what the iranians are claiming is true then even if the drone is fitted with such a 'self-destruct' mechanism then the pilot lost the ability to activate it once the iranians had gained control.

If it's real that is, I don't think the Americans have said they've lost one, then again I wouldn't expect them too. To say the Iranians crashed it, it looks remarkably new considering these things work at extremely high altitude.

If it's real that is, I don't think the Americans have said they've lost one, then again I wouldn't expect them too. To say the Iranians crashed it, it looks remarkably new considering these things work at extremely high altitude.

In the article in the OP the Americans admit losing control of one and have issued a statement of some concern.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamper_resistance#Security

Edited by spooky3
wrong link

The US have admitted they lost one and Iran didn't crash it they ' gained control and brought it to the ground'.

Ok I was looking at the BBC website and they said no such thing

Ok I was looking at the BBC website and they said no such thing

It does because that's where I read it!