R.I.P Phil animal Taylor

He didn't play the drums , he assaulted them.

RIP Philthy

Sad to hear this, I saw them loads of times in the late 70s and early 80s and he always gave it his all. RIP.

This is sad news, he was a real character, I have watched Motorhead play many times , he once played in a neck brace after fracturing his neck and has played with many injuries one of which resulted in his drumstick being taped to his hand with gaffer tape.

"Eat the rich"

It's rock n roll baby

Edited by crazybaby

This is sad news, he was a real character, I have watched Motorhead play many times , he once played in a neck brace after fracturing his neck and has played with many injuries one of which resulted in his drumstick being taped to his hand with gaffer tape.

"Eat the rich"

It's rock n roll baby

love that song, album AND film lol

love that song, album AND film lol

Aye, loved it too, he will be sadly missed,

If you want to know how important Phil “Philthy Animal” Taylor was to the development of metal, go on to YouTube. There you’ll find a clip from 2011 of “the big four” – the four founders of thrash metal, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth – jamming together, playing the song without which they would never have had the idea to play metal at extreme velocity: Motörhead’s Overkill.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/nov/12/philthy-animal-taylor-motorhead-the-man-who-invented-thrash

My wife spoke to him once.

Motorhead were also pivotol in the creation of punk genres such as Crust punk, Grindcore and D beat

and as Phil was the original he was part of the creation of those genres