What has happened to the soaps

Hello everyone i was just wondering if anyone is fed up with the soaps I used to really look forward to them but now i dont mind if i miss them the story lines are so far fetched and unreal does anyone agree with me the soaps are going down hill fast :roll:

Yes I agree with you, they're all rubbish these days.

I stopped watching Eastenders and Emmerdale many years ago.

Coronation Street is next on my hit list. The recent fire scenes were one big joke. Who ever wrote and directed those scenes should be sacked.

And as for Tracy Barlow, first she gets away with murder, now she gets away with man slaughter.

Sally's Bloke the Window cleaner makes me laugh, his Bucket is bigger than his ladder, he just carries that little ladder around with him, they must have got mucky bedroom windows in Weatherfield.:hihi:

I only watch Corrie, but am on the verge of giving up on it. All we ever get is bed hopping and ridiculous story lines (that fire - oh please)

Instead of turfing out the older characters (Rita sacked because she is too old) it should be the youngsters who can't act for toffee, plus that woman in the Rovers, can't even remember her name but her strangulated voice is painful to listen to, not to mention the short skirts and running after every man in sight.

Just remembered it is Liz McDonald.

Corries been crap for a while now. At least the last 50 years id say.

Agree with the above Corrie has gone so downhill I don't bother with it anymore,cancelled the series record and just catch it if it's on. Most of the characters that were funny have gone and the ones that still are are set to leave. The recent "big" storylines have been pathetic,and I'm sick of seeing a supposedly 14 year old school girl trotting round with a drug dealer as a friend while dressed like a whore. They keep alluding to a darker side to Mary and just when it looks like it could get interesting it's gone and she's all sweetness and light. Haven't watched Eastenders since the dirty Den and Ange days last saw Emmerdale when Viv with the best legs on telly was in it.

Used to watch Corrie years and years ago. It went downhill when the women stopped wearing those head scarfs and hairnets with rollers underneath. As for the present I would't know, never watch em.

Can't believe the awful Helen Worth is still on Coronation St.Absolutely dreadful.

Can't believe the awful Helen Worth is still on Coronation St.Absolutely dreadful.

I think her mums even worse. How the script writers ever thought wed believe a 6ft 6" black man whos a former Olympic boxing gold medal winner was the mother of a white women with very little in the way of a chin is beyond me.

Neither can I, maybe it's because she can't do anything else as I've never heard of her doing other things - and she got an award this year:o

Yes I agree with you, they're all rubbish these days.

I think you are looking through rose tinted glasses. They were never much cop. I only need to mention Bouncers Dream episode in Neighbours.