Christmas whos looking forward to it

Oh I will. I'm bringing that goat with me and we're going to make a mess, dammit.

Why not a sheep?? xxx

Why not a sheep?? xxx

No horns to grab on to.

Maybe when I grow up (39 yrs) I might start to see christmas as adults do, but until then I will always see it through kid eyes.....lol :D

Xmas doesn't really have religious connotations anymore. Celebrate as you wish.

Suppose it doesn't; to those who call it xmas.

Some, however, still call it Christmas; and actually do go to mass.

Pick a day when all of you are together and do your own celebration, it does not have to be on christmas day, make it a family special day :)

We're having our celebration on Boxing day, it's not quite the same though. But it does mean any foolish temptation to hit the sales are a no-no. :D

I need some christmas gift Ideas as well and will be highly obliged if you guys could share your views bout something reasonable as a christmas gift. I would like to be able to make gifts this year to my niece and being blessed with some gift money :) to spend i am seeking good christmas ideas on things that would make good Christmas gifts to buy for this coming holiday season.

Keeping in mind my limits i have demarcated my affordability (around £ 150) so that i wont lend my self into expensive bills while buying a gift for her. I am not looking to buy anything in bulk but something which could be reasonably purchased as a gift for her and i have been tempted to buy a smartphone or some gadget like ipod after looking over here : http://www.prepaymania.co.uk/mobile-phone/christmas-gifts/xmas-gift-ideas.html as those little figures are really good though I am trying to find a girly equivalent for my niece and would highly appreciate others recommendations as well. :)

Edited by aarotho
typos

I love Christmas. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I love every thing about it (except all that rubbish about the baby jesus blah blah blah).

I love the trees, the warm festive feeling, wrapping gifts, writing cards etc. I love the fact that most people seem to be so much more happy around this year. Some one who would normally pass you by will give you a quick smile and pas on festive greetings I love the Christmas dinner with family, I love all the Christmas songs (Mistletoe & Wine - Go on Cliff!), I love the brass bands that play outside supermarkets, I love the childhood memories of Christmases gone by, and most of all I love making it so magical and special for my little boy.

Six sleeps til the trees go up! Bring on Christmas 2011!

So, I thought I would resurrect this thread as we are so near to the festive period now and see if there are any people, man/woman/child/alien, that fancy meeting Boxing Day for a walk somewhere. There's been one or two threads about walking around the Sheffield Walk, and whilst I don't fancy being out 6 hrs on Boxing Day, a couple of hrs around Graves Park would be welcome, and it's a busy bus route. A group of people would be good. Suggestions anyone?? Or are we all going to veg. in front of the tv??