Central locking problem for Focus, need help

When I press the key fob to lock the car, all THREE doors lock immediately except the driver's door. Then I press for a second time, the driver's door will be locked.

Is this a special specification of Ford Focus? I just wanna lock all the doors by pressing once.

BTW, it's a hatch back focus, reg 2001. Thanks!

yes.

Ford car keys can be programmed to open only the drivers door. This is to stop criminals opening one of the other doors and stealing things while the driver is occupied with getting in the car. It is a good feature, and not a fault or a problem.

You can switch it off though, instructions all in the owners manual.

yes.

Ford car keys can be programmed to open only the drivers door. This is to stop criminals opening one of the other doors and stealing things while the driver is occupied with getting in the car. It is a good feature, and not a fault or a problem.

You can switch it off though, instructions all in the owners manual.

I don't have an owner's manual because I bought it from a dealer, not all documents are available. Do you think the problem that the driver's door will be locked in the second time pressing is caused by this?

Edited by al2ping

It really scares me because that means during the last few months, the driver's door has never been locked since I always pressing the key fob for once.