The Closed Shop - Reet Ale Pullin Out

And people still maintain that the quantity of decent pubs around Sheffield is increasing...

I' sure they will be re-opened soon by punch until they find new tenants.

soon to be Heineken pubs once the takeover is complete

This is terrible news about The Closed Shop, Three Tuns and Punchbowl.

This is terrible news about The Closed Shop, Three Tuns and Punchbowl.

I know - nice pubs serving nice beer to nice people.

Would like to know why Reet pulled out and what the plans are for each pub.

And people still maintain that the quantity of decent pubs around Sheffield is increasing...

it was...! this is a big setback though

I know - nice pubs serving nice beer to nice people.

Would like to know why Reet pulled out and what the plans are for each pub.

Well Chris from the Closed Shop wanted to take on the lease from Reet Ale and run it as a community pub. I don't know how that is progressing, as it didn't sound like they had any intention to close in the mean time, so feels like something unexpected as happened.

Well Chris from the Closed Shop wanted to take on the lease from Reet Ale and run it as a community pub. I don't know how that is progressing, as it didn't sound like they had any intention to close in the mean time, so feels like something unexpected as happened.

I know one shouldn't jump to conclusions but anything involving Punch isn't going to be simple or easy.

What Im hearing is that it should reopen in the next 2 weeks. Ill leave the back story but it doesn't take much working out

Hi everyone,

The Closed Shop did have to cease trading on Wednesday due to the liquidation of Reet Ale Pubs. Our intention had been to raise the money to take over the lease before the liquidation, but we thought that we had a little longer to work it all out.

I am planning to reopen the pub in the next couple of weeks and have spoken to the area manager and a few interested investors. Regardless of whether it ends up being run by members of the community, or somebody else, it will still be the same old Closed Shop as long as my team and I are there.

The timescale was originally 2 weeks, but we'll have to see how quickly the solicitors work. In the meantime, you can check for updates on the community facebook and twitter pages.

See you soon,

Chris

Closed Shop Community Group

Will open again next week.

Great news. See you there.

Will open again next week.

Thursday 11 May according to the sign in the window.