Alcohol purchasing Think 21 will soon be Think 25.

Just giving you all a heads up since I've seen a few threads on the subject that those stores that operate the governments 'Think 2'1 policy when selling alcohol and cigarettes will from the 25th of may change that to 'Think 25' on ALL age restricted goods. Basically if you're in your mid twenties or maybe early thirties even then expect to be refused alcohol regularly if you don't have ID. :rolleyes:

thats me screwed completly then i still only look 19 :rolleyes:

It's the same old argument..

Fight in wars.

Vote in elections.

But god help you if ya want a cig or a beer.

well if you drive you can just carry your licence around with you, or if you look REALLY young then you can get a 'prove it' card.

I don;t mind being asked for ID, infact i think it should be compulsey to ask for it every time you buy booze either in a shop or on the doors of bars like in the states- it would help sort out the youth drinking culture we have in the UK.

Well I'm 37, and I love being refused alcohol for looking too young.

Ironically, I've not been clubbing for over 10 years as I've grown out of it, and its 23 years since I enjoyed the pleasures of binge drinking on street corners as a 14 year old.

I've largely stopped drinking as a rule as I got bored. If this rule (no alcohold if you look under 25) comes in, then I'll deliberatly take some alcohol to the counter with the hope of being refused. I'm hitting middle age, but luckily I still look about 24yrs.

I suggest we pay them in their own coin. Ask for proof of age of the counter staff that they are old enough to seel you the alcohol, or work the petrol pumps. Sauce for the goose etc....

well that will get the under 25's voting in the next general election won't it

well if you drive you can just carry your licence around with you, or if you look REALLY young then you can get a 'prove it' card.

I don;t mind being asked for ID, infact i think it should be compulsey to ask for it every time you buy booze either in a shop or on the doors of bars like in the states- it would help sort out the youth drinking culture we have in the UK.

but this is not the states this is europe if anything we should be more like france rather than america

I suggest we pay them in their own coin. Ask for proof of age of the counter staff that they are old enough to seel you the alcohol, or work the petrol pumps. Sauce for the goose etc....

that is a very good idea im so tired in been asked for ID from someone who is clearly younger than i am :rolleyes:

Your argument would hold water if there was no binge drinking in the US. Sadly that however is not the case....

I fail to understand why people get so annoyed when they're asked for ID. Since when are we all in a rush to look our age? :P

but this is not the states this is europe if anything we should be more like france rather than america

I agree in an ideal world we would be more like france but the youth of today are nothing like frances youth- we have more anti-social behavior and a real problem with binge drinking- the states have a 0 tolerance and i belive we should follow that lead- fine the bars and shops that sell them the booze and they will soon start asking for ID.