Help on repairing my scratches on my leather sofa

hey all, last week my mum gave me her lovley leathersofa, she has cats and thay never touched it, anyway i hav 3 cats and within 2 days of having my sofa they have clawed it on the sides, the sofa is dark choc brown so on every little nick i can see a tiny white flap, too small to glue but noticable, im gutted and have locked them all in the kitchen while im out at work and in bed n when i catch them they get hit with a tea towel lol, doesnt bother them one bit,

so id sat for ages today with scissors n cut the tiny cotten bits they have pulled thru the holes hoping it wud look better, nope it doesnt, now i have about 50 little tiny nicks/flaps/holes on the sofa

i was thinking fo useing shoe polish to hid them, but does anyone know how to

1-- stop the cats doing it other then locking them outside all the time

2--repair or cover the damage

Right i have had to repost this in GENERAL discussions as i wanted help on treating my leather SOFA, and stuck a little in about y n how to stop it, and it was moved into pet owners section, not on as i need advice, and general is always busy, pets is not

as to why it was put in pets i dont know, i mentioned my cats yes but its a thread about a leather sofa and how to repair hardly so goes in the pet section.

SF can you please leave it here as its about my sofa mostly and double check the posts and where they need to go. as a thread about how to repair or cover cat scrathes on a sofa does not belong in pet section

thanks

thanks pk will do but was also asking for any other solutions too, any advice will be greatly appreciated

hey all, last week my mum gave me her lovley leathersofa, she has cats and thay never touched it, anyway i hav 3 cats and within 2 days of having my sofa they have clawed it on the sides, the sofa is dark choc brown so on every little nick i can see a tiny white flap, too small to glue but noticable, im gutted and have locked them all in the kitchen while im out at work and in bed n when i catch them they get hit with a tea towel lol, doesnt bother them one bit,

so id sat for ages today with scissors n cut the tiny cotten bits they have pulled thru the holes hoping it wud look better, nope it doesnt, now i have about 50 little tiny nicks/flaps/holes on the sofa

Right i have had to repost this in GENERAL discussions as i wanted help on treating my leather SOFA, and stuck a little in about y n how to stop it, and it was moved into pet owners section, not on as i need advice, and general is always busy, pets is not

as to why it was put in pets i dont know, i mentioned my cats yes but its a thread about a leather sofa and how to repair hardly so goes in the pet section.

SF can you please leave it here as its about my sofa mostly and double check the posts and where they need to go. as a thread about how to repair or cover cat scrathes on a sofa does not belong in pet section

thanks

Don't use shoe polish. You need a renovating polish such as TuXan or Conoly. Available from any shoe shop. That is what it is made for.

Don't use shoe polish. You need a renovating polish such as TuXan or Conoly. Available from any shoe shop. That is what it is made for.

oooo thanks hun ill go ask for some, glad to have some product names, will help thanks

I've got the exact same problem with my sofa, my cat has done the same and your right it does look a complete mess!

I too hav trimed the white bits sticking out but the flaps still look a mess!

What is this renovating polish, how does is work and where do you get it from?

thanks

Shoot the cats.

Also lubylou you can but a spray from pets at home that discourages cats and dogs from scratching and chewing things. It does work, however it's now too late my sofa is ruined! it's only a few quid and doesn't smell very nice but if you remember to keep applying it it should deter your moggies!

I've got the exact same problem with my sofa, my cat has done the same and your right it does look a complete mess!

I too hav trimed the white bits sticking out but the flaps still look a mess!

What is this renovating polish, how does is work and where do you get it from?

sorry but glad to know im not alone

Shoot the cats.

mmmm id rather aim for you:rant:

Also lubylou you can but a spray from pets at home that discourages cats and dogs from scratching and chewing things. It does work, however it's now too late my sofa is ruined! it's only a few quid and doesn't smell very nice but if you remember to keep applying it it should deter your moggies!

thanks jellybean:)

mmmm id rather aim for you:rant:

Ha Ha, Nice one.....It was a bit nasty!

x