Souvenir to buy

I have been in Sheffield as a student for three years. Just finished my graduation ceremony last week and preparing to go back to my home country.

I would like use my prize award (100 pounds) to buy some souvenir (and some gifts for my friends too) to keep me reminded of this lovely city, this country as well as my three-year time spent here so I come here again for advice OwO

Also if I plan to get some Sheffield made cutlery, where shall I go?

Thank you!

What about a nice framed print?

Also, it might seem a bit pants now, but a copy of the Sheffield Star would be a interesting souvenir to look back on in twenty or so years time.

Edited by Mr Bloom

The Sheffield Shop on Surrey Street next to the Town Hall, Weston Park Museum gift shop or Millenium Galleries gift shop might be good places to find what you want.

Congratulations on your graduation, and glad that you enjoyed your time in Steel City!

Good Luck for your future plans !

Blades club shop. All you'll ever need for the finest memories of Sheffield. :D

Blades club shop. All you'll ever need for the finest memories of Sheffield. :D

Yes the SUFC club shop would be good for gifts for friends, or you can get a print, as has been mentioned. An Arctic Monkeys CD (if you or your friends are fans) and don't forget a bottle of Henderson's relish.

Congratulations on graduating and I hope you enjoyed your time in the city.

Set SF accounts up for them as a present. They can then experience all the delights of Sheffield and it's folk first hand ! :hihi:

The Sheffield Shop on Surrey Street next to the Town Hall, Weston Park Museum gift shop or Millenium Galleries gift shop might be good places to find what you want.

Congratulations on your graduation, and glad that you enjoyed your time in Steel City!

Good Luck for your future plans !

The shop is called Sheffield Scene. On Surrey st, near the town hall.

What about a nice framed print?

Also, it might seem a bit pants now, but a copy of the Sheffield Star would be a interesting souvenir to look back on in twenty or so years time.

Also a useful standby if the OP runs out of toilet paper.

..........and don't forget a bottle of Henderdons relish .

Check the customs regs of where u live in case it's banned in your country

This shop sells David Mellor cutlery under the pretence it's made in Sheffield but it's made in Japan and the black handled Kitchen Knives are made in China, Mellors do not have the expertise or a big enough workforce to produce the kitchen knives BUT they are good but not made in Sheffield.

---------- Post added 31-07-2014 at 08:59 ----------

You must visit Sheffield Scene they sell an assortment of Sheffield made goods, tankards, cutlery, penknives, letter openers and local books, all the cutlery and such are very well made and are either silver plated or they are sterling silver. You can even buy old Sheffield Fire Brigade buttons for use as key rings.

Check out All Good Stuff on Arundel Street, Butcher Works. It's next to Fusion Cafe in town near Hallam Uni Campus. It's the next street up from the Showroom cinema. It's a shop full of hand made items by lots of Sheffield designers and crafts people. There's lots of different things from fused glass, prints, jewellery, cards, loads all made in Sheffield.

Check out their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Good-Stuff-at-Butcher-Works/237318426443843