Astrology on the NHS

First it was the homeopathy quackery, and now we are really going for broke. You didn't miss it there's some MP wants the NHS to dish out astrology based healthcare....

A Conservative MP has spoken of his belief in astrology and his desire to incorporate it into medicine.

David Tredinnick said he had spent 20 years studying astrology and healthcare and was convinced it could work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28464009

I wouldn't mind if he was just an ordinary MP, but.....

Actually that's crud. I do mind a great deal that he's spouting batcrap of this magnitude. What's worse is that this fool is on both the health, and the science and technology committees.

He says he epxects ridicule. I should hope so I'll be sending plenty his way. How on earth do we let muppetry of this magnitude stand....?

is it 1st April already?

That mug needs running out of politics.

His constituents should be ashamed of themselves for voting in such a freaking nutter.

---------- Post added 25-07-2014 at 12:52 ----------

How he is still in politics is a mystery, this is a guy who've previously been done for taking bribes.

Maybe we have UKIP's first MP here? Maybe he'll lose the Conservative whip and then change allegiance to UKIP, it looks like he'll fit in.

And people wonder why this country is in a mess; yet they continue to blame immigrants?!

Yey many don't bat an eye at the fact we have unelected Bishops in the House of Lords, who's chief qualification is having an imaginary friend. These people influence our laws.

Yey many don't bat an eye at the fact we have unelected Bishops in the House of Lords, who's chief qualification is having an imaginary friend. These people influence our laws.

And cost us a fair few pence!

Could be worse, he could be royal, then the NHS would have to hire astrologers.

I believe that Nancy Regan had a strong belief in astrology....

We get religious education provided free by the State already. Maybe we need an Astrology GCSE to bring in an alternative viewpoint.

I'm glad to see it has disappeared from Radio 2 (it had a weekly slot at one point)....what a load of hogwash. It never fails to amaze me what some supposedly intelligent people will believe in. I had a friend with a double first from Cambridge, who was convinced that reiki (the healing powers of gemstones?) was the answer to all her problems. (It wasn't).

Edited by aliceBB

Guest sibon

Tories, you see. Full of wacky ideas. Tredinnick's astrology is just the latest.

Wasn't Jeremy Rhyming-Slang championing homeopathy last year?