Brand loyalty and you?

How loyal are you to specific brands?

I must admit I frequently surprise myself by being more brand-attached than I thought I was. When it comes to cars it is pretty simple for me, I am a Volvo driver through and through, the only time that wavered was when Ford was becoming too much of an influence (negatively) on the quality of the cars produced.

But I also find myself loyal to brands I didn't even realise I was loyal to. Tonight I was putting together a PC on a website and realised I had automatically gone for Asus parts, without really having a specific reason for it other than that I use Asus in my current system.

When I go shopping in the supermarket I tend to be more price than brand aware (I don't care if it is Pepsi or Coke) but than I spotted Milka chocolate on offer and longed for it on the grounds that I used to have that in the Netherlands...

What about you? Are you loyal to a brand, and if so, with everything, or does it depend on what the item is?

How loyal are you to specific brands?

I must admit I frequently surprise myself by being more brand-attached than I thought I was. When it comes to cars it is pretty simple for me, I am a Volvo driver through and through, the only time that wavered was when Ford was becoming too much of an influence (negatively) on the quality of the cars produced.

But I also find myself loyal to brands I didn't even realise I was loyal to. Tonight I was putting together a PC on a website and realised I had automatically gone for Asus parts, without really having a specific reason for it other than that I use Asus in my current system.

When I go shopping in the supermarket I tend to be more price than brand aware (I don't care if it is Pepsi or Coke) but than I spotted Milka chocolate on offer and longed for it on the grounds that I used to have that in the Netherlands...

What about you? Are you loyal to a brand, and if so, with everything, or does it depend on what the item is?

Funnily enough I'm very Honda loyal...I've been driving for 11 years and have had 4 new Honda's in that time, the last 2 being Civic Type-R's and they have now stopped making them and it's almost time for me to sell my car as it's nearly 3 years old but Honda no longer have a Type-R available so am feeling slightly perturbed about where to turn as I always assumed I'd just upgrade as Honda did but no longer have that option.

Besides cars, I am definitely loyal to Cadbury as I feel no other brand even comes close, but i can't think of any other brand loyalty i have.

Our other car is a Honda Jazz :) I love the dealer, they are great, but the car is no use for us. It will probably be replaced with a real city run-about in the next year or so.

I always buy a pint of Landlord given the chance.

I've had a jazz as a courtesy car before and can't say it ticked the boxes for me but it's an entirely different car to the civic type-R so can't really compare, however you can't go wrong with them when it comes to reliability and engineering.

I'm very loyal toward Marmite.

VW, Hilti,Fairy liquid, Snikers, Vaillant, Tobermory Whisky.

To name but a few.

I don't care if it is Pepsi or Coke

Pepsi Max all the way :)

I've had a jazz as a courtesy car before and can't say it ticked the boxes for me but it's an entirely different car to the civic type-R so can't really compare, however you can't go wrong with them when it comes to reliability and engineering.

That is a fact! It is a very easy car to own, it hardly ever needs anything. I always have this feeling with Honda's that they don't understand or care for the European market, the Accord was a great car that they have seemingly abandoned and it is overpriced in its category, the CRV is overpriced and somehow seems at odds with the competition.

The Jazz is very clever, but seemingly has not been updated to expectations as you see fewer and fewer of them around. The Civic (sorry), is too small compared to competition and again too expensive for what it is. And then they have some niche cars like the fun but completely impractical CR-Z and the hideous Insight Hybrid.

I agree that the quality is out of this world, but it isn't better than Volvo's for example. I just never know what it is I suppose...

@Alcoblog I know you like your marmite, to be fair, it doesn't have competition does it?

@Halibut I love me a good old Timothy Taylor.

Not very, I prefer to get most of my clothes made. However, I do like some M&S shirts, providing they're not those despicable cut-away collars monstrosities, and some patterns of Levi jeans but since I'm getting old, I don't tend to wear jeans much these days.

My last 4 cars have all been different manufacturers, I've got 3 vacuum cleaners (one on each floor of the house, all different makers) and I tend to avoid products which I've had a bad experience with rather than going for one particular brand of things.

The only exception to this is skin care, where I tend to stick to brands that haven't flared my skin up in the past, although in the last few months I tried a new product within the same brand that did cause an eczema outbreak under my eyes.

Funnily enough I'm very Honda loyal...I've been driving for 11 years and have had 4 new Honda's in that time, the last 2 being Civic Type-R's and they have now stopped making them and it's almost time for me to sell my car as it's nearly 3 years old but Honda no longer have a Type-R available so am feeling slightly perturbed about where to turn as I always assumed I'd just upgrade as Honda did but no longer have that option.

Besides cars, I am definitely loyal to Cadbury as I feel no other brand even comes close, but i can't think of any other brand loyalty i have.

Not sure why you think Honda would discontinue the type r models. :huh:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/85978/honda-civic-type-r-2015-price-release-date-and-specs