Should we close the UK borders to West Africa?

And how would you stop someone travelling from an affected area to an unaffected area and from there to the UK?

By not letting anyone with West African passports into the UK from wherever they are coming from?

Indeed, but the risk can be greatly minimised by temporarily halting migration into the UK from West Africa in the normal way.

I doubt that could be achieved.

By not letting anyone with West African passports into the UK from wherever they are coming from?

Not all people travelling from West Africa will be on West African passports.

Indeed. Only last night i spoke with an aid worker who'd recently returned from Guinea Bissau via Algeria.

I heard that 26% of Europeans have an inbuilt resistance to ebola so it won't be that bad if it does come over here.

Yawn, wasn't there a big scare about bird flu a few years ago? Maybe the human population needs culling once in a while to stop us destroying the planet.

Well OK then, anyone travelling out of West Africa on any passport should prevented from entering the UK.

Indeed. Only last night i spoke with an aid worker who'd recently returned from Guinea Bissau via Algeria.

We can only hope you are now going to stay indoors for the next month.

Well OK then, anyone travelling out of West Africa on any passport should prevented from entering the UK.

That would include British people including a lot of holidaymakers. I was going to ask you to think again but I'm not sure if an ambulance is on stand-by.

I wonder how all this sits with the "Britian is overcrowded" mob? I guess they'll not be keen on it if they think it could be them that cops it

That would include British people including a lot of holidaymakers. I was going to ask you to think again but I'm not sure if an ambulance is on stand-by.

The UK government could get the RAF to bring people back to Britain, perhaps to RAF Brize Norton, and quarantine them until they have the all-clear; naturally they will be compensated in some way.

Edited by Guest

The UK government could get the RAF to bring to people back to Britain, perhaps to RAF Brize Norton, and quarantine them until they have the all-clear; naturally they will be compensated in some way.

The numbers who have thus far died are comparable to the yearly UK death rates from flu. Should we therefore quarantine everyone with a sniffle?

jb