Door security / break-ins Gleadless Valley

It's such a shame, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad I moved off the Valley, I'd lived there for 21 years, and after a few weeks of moving, there has been 2 break ins on my old road.

Statistically houses with door and window alarms are attacked less frequently than those without them.

Campaign for more CCTV in the street, and vulnerable access points. Lobby the council the illuminate dark areas. Join the Special Constabulary.

and where do you get that statistic from?

the devices given out are best not described as door and window alarms - I specify and install security for a living.

---------- Post added 19-02-2013 at 17:02 ----------

Thank you for your help people, Andy is calling today to have a look and see what can be done.

On another note: I have just spent ages trying to get advice from the police and found it so frustrating, being passed from one person who doesn't know what to do to another who doesn't know what to do. The advice online isn't really worth anything as it is common sense stuff (lock your door and mark your property).

We are trying to make our road safe; it isn't easy. If any of you have experience of neighbourhood watch schemes or similar and how effective they are please can you let me know?

neighbour hood watch - yes

police crime advice - no

A HUGE THANK YOU to Andy, Locksmith1, for his hard work today sorting out locks and other fittings on my doors.

I had been worrying that I needed a new door and that I couldn't afford it but he has been, gave a quote and reassured me that my door is a lot tougher than I realised; Today he came to do the work fitting the advised locks and other bits and bobs.

He has worked hard, kept me up to speed with everything he was doing and charged a very reasonable and pre-agreed price.

Tonight I feel a lot safer than I have done for a very long time and that can't be taken too lightly can it?

THANK YOU!! Highly recommended.

Edited by Penny Quirk
because I splett something rong and put it rite

Always happy to help people fell more secure in there own home.

Any further help or advise, just give us a call.

Thanks for the tea penny.

Andy

Mod Note

Posts advertising services have been removed, along with all references to them.

If you have a recommendation then please post it.

If you have a business then please advertise in the Sheffield Business Directory.