Door security / break-ins Gleadless Valley

There have been so many burglaries and attempted break ins on the road I live on that its more worrying than usual.

Can anyone suggest the best way to find a good quality tradesman to fit a secure new door? I am on a very tight budget so recommendations will be appreciated.

Unfortunately good security is expensive but have you thought of contacting the police,they may have a recommended security company that are willing to come to you and discuss your needs.

Burglary is not restricted to The Valley,we were robbed last year whilst on holiday and my poor neighbour has twice been a victim in the last year.

The police are now foot patrolling the area(PCSOs) and they are happy to discuss any fears you may have,give them a try,they may have discounted equipment that will assist your budget.

Good luck with it.

There have been so many burglaries and attempted break ins on the road I live on that its more worrying than usual.

Can anyone suggest the best way to find a good quality tradesman to fit a secure new door? I am on a very tight budget so recommendations will be appreciated.

Joiner Andy who posts on here is your man

hello i was broken in to about 6 wks ago we were in bed, we had to buy new anti snap locks and they are ryt easy to fit. try lookin o yo tube and t will show u how to fit m . the police do give out door alarms an window alarms.

I recommend Locksmith1 (Andy), who's already replied to you - he changed our front door lock on a Sunday at very short notice, good bloke - no, I have no connection with him, but I do believe in praising a good service.

. the police do give out door alarms an window alarms.

they`re really not worth bothering with - just gives you a false sense of security

Thank you for your help people, Andy is calling today to have a look and see what can be done.

On another note: I have just spent ages trying to get advice from the police and found it so frustrating, being passed from one person who doesn't know what to do to another who doesn't know what to do. The advice online isn't really worth anything as it is common sense stuff (lock your door and mark your property).

We are trying to make our road safe; it isn't easy. If any of you have experience of neighbourhood watch schemes or similar and how effective they are please can you let me know?

Hi Penny, if you live in Gleadless Valley, the direct contact details for the Woodseats and Gleadless Safer Neighbourhood Team are :

Phone 0114 296 3680

Email woodseatssna@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

If you're a tenant you could always contact the local Tenants and Residents Association if you're not getting the support you need for them to help contact the Police for you.

Gleadless Valley Tenants and Residents Association contact number is 01124643533 email address is gvtara@btconnect.com.

They are based at 7 Plowright Close and are there Mon/Wed/Friday 10am - 12pm

As well as the door itself, think about removing anything from outside your house that will give burglars 'cover'. These days people put up big fences and hedges as they want privacy, but this buys burglars more time. Also think about security lighting outside your doors.

Google Yale wireless alarms.They are connected to your mobile or any phone,if activated it rings you up.

Give the joiner Andy Hall a call on 07747026254 very good joiner can recommend him and his work

Thanks

M Mitchell

they`re really not worth bothering with - just gives you a false sense of security

Statistically houses with door and window alarms are attacked less frequently than those without them.

Campaign for more CCTV in the street, and vulnerable access points. Lobby the council the illuminate dark areas. Join the Special Constabulary.