Can you record sky +hd without viewing card ?

Hi people. I got my old sky +hd box out to put in my room, im no longer with sky and have lost the viewing card. It wont let me record anything without the card in. Can anyone tell me if just a sky + box, not a sky +hd box will record without a card ? Thanks for any help.

Hi people. I got my old sky +hd box out to put in my room, im no longer with sky and have lost the viewing card. It wont let me record anything without the card in. Can anyone tell me if just a sky + box, not a sky +hd box will record without a card ? Thanks for any help.

Same here but a sky+ box but can't record owt as I thought

if it did would anyone pay for Sky at all

Same here but a sky+ box but can't record owt as I thought

if it did would anyone pay for Sky at all

Maybe not lol, but why do people want them then ? Would it work with a card in even if you no longer subscribe ?

Maybe not lol, but why do people want them then ? Would it work with a card in even if you no longer subscribe ?

You could like me in the bedroom use it as a simple 'freeview' box and you do need a card

You could like me in the bedroom use it as a simple 'freeview' box and you do need a card

Is there anyway i can get an old card from anywhere ?

Not only can you not record if you don't have a viewing card, but if you were to put in a viewing card and get it all registered and then recorded loads of programmes, then you'd find that you were unable to view those programmes if you took out the viewing card.

Is there anyway i can get an old card from anywhere ?

£20 from sky for the freeview card...and if you put in another card..make sure its the white one...leave your box on all night and it should pair up

Sky + is a subscription service that is free as a sky customer when you pay for the other package etc, so without been a customer even with a free card it should not record....

and as any sky customer will tell you, if you do get a sky plus subscription you can record any channel regardless to your package, but you cannot view the recording unless your subscribed to that channel.

Not only can you not record if you don't have a viewing card, but if you were to put in a viewing card and get it all registered and then recorded loads of programmes, then you'd find that you were unable to view those programmes if you took out the viewing card.

Yes thats why i got it out because i had films on there. I cant believe they wont let you record after you cancel. I mean youve paid for the box so should be able to use the memory on it.

£20 from sky for the freeview card...and if you put in another card..make sure its the white one...leave your box on all night and it should pair up

Hi. If i get a freeview card will i be able to record ?

Hi. If i get a freeview card will i be able to record ?

No all you are paying for is to watch live freeview channels to record channels you must subscribe to sky+ or +HD and keep up the subscription otherwise you lose the right to watch what you record as said by Medusa and the currs post 6 and 8

AFAIK the only way you can record programmes is to use a VCR or DVD recorder

Edited by Paul Blade

Ok thanks. I dont need the card then as can get a load of channels without one.