Clunk click every trip...

Unless your the Queen that is. :suspect:

I was watching a programme on tv earlier and it showed the Queen and another rear seat passenger, in one of her fancy state vehicles, not wearing seatbelts. In fact as far as I could see the car didn't even have seatbelts fitted in the rear.

Excuse me, but doesn't the law state that everyone should be wearing a seatbelt unless they have a medical exemption certificate? Why is the Queen any different? And shouldn't she be setting an example, especially after what happened to her daughter-in-law? :rant:

Guest Mod_Man

Why worry? If the car crashes that's one less member of the aristocracy around. I say put them all in a trailer (without any seatbelts) and crash the thing into a wall. Better yet just shoot em.

You try making a seat belt for a shapeshifting alien lizard creature.

No, everyone except The Queen. Her Majesty is exempt from ALL laws in Britain and cannot be prosecuted.

It is because all prosecutions are done in the name of the crown and the crown cannot prosecute itself.

No, everyone except The Queen. Her Majesty is exempt from ALL laws in Britain and cannot be prosecuted.

It is because all prosecutions are done in the name of the crown and the crown cannot prosecute itself.

So what about the other passenger?

Exempt or not shouldn't the Queen be setting an example to us mere mortals?

So if she goes out and murders someone, are you telling me that she CANNOT be prosecuted :suspect:

Somehow, I dont beleive that.......

So if she goes out and murders someone, are you telling me that she CANNOT be prosecuted :suspect:

I remember a diplomat claiming diplomatic immunity in a rape case why shouldn’t the queen be immune, why as the Duke of Edinburgh been allowed to refuse to give evidence in the Diana enquiry.

It is absolutely true. Technically The queen cannot do wahtever she likes (including murder) as she is not bound by the same laws as the rest of us.

But am I not correct in thinking that a previous king was prosecuted by the church ?

The reigning monarch has to be accountable to some kind of law....

I was watching a programme on tv earlier and it showed the Queen and another rear seat passenger, in one of her fancy state vehicles, not wearing seatbelts. In fact as far as I could see the car didn't even have seatbelts fitted in the rear.

Why is the Queen any different? And shouldn't she be setting an example, especially after what happened to her daughter-in-law? :rant:

Indeed, I wouldn't imagine she looked too good rammed into the footwell, royalty or not I think they are still subject to the laws of physics.

Her majesty can eat a swan if she wants to. No-one else can.

Excuse me, but doesn't the law state that everyone should be wearing a seatbelt unless they have a medical exemption certificate?

If you have a car, that has no rear belts, then rear passengers are exempt (I think the same applies to front seats too - though I can't think of any car that has no front belts):).