Caroline Lucas MP cleared over fracking protest

The Green MP and four others have all been cleared by Brighton magistrates.

If only she'd thieved money from the taxpayer, instead of engaging in peaceful protest, she probably wouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

Is it "peaceful protest" though when you're actively/physically preventing a company from doing its work?

I think we should just get right on with this fracking as it has a lot of potential.

I really admire Caroline Lucas.

Justice has prevailed.

Let's hope for the same outcome for this bloke.

Just set the drill going, he will soon be down.

Angel*

Just set the drill going, he will soon be down.

Angel*

Yeah, murder is always an option. :roll:

Good on her, you don't get many MPs fighting for what they believe in these days.

Good on her, you don't get many MPs fighting for what they believe in these days.

I agree.

I'm not even sure how I feel about fracking, but it's good to see a politician that's passionate about what she believes in and is prepared to stand by her convictions.

Good for her.

Not guilty of both charges..

CL

"We are deeply concerned that the right to protest is being eroded and undermined, with legitimate protest criminalised by oppressive policing in an attempt to silence dissent".

So, if she committed no crime why was she arrested and charged? State sponsored oppression? Or did the police and the CPS just take a guess at present law?

So, if she committed no crime why was she arrested and charged? State sponsored oppression? Or did the police and the CPS just take a guess at present law?

One of the charges was obstructing the highway. Have have walked down a highway and seen the things that are left/parked there?

One of the charges was obstructing the highway. Have have walked down a highway and seen the things that are left/parked there?

Pardon?

Pardon?

Britain's only Green Party MP has been found not guilty of obstructing a public highway and a public order offence during high-profile anti-fracking protests.